Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Second Beach
Hi

There seems to be some confusion over Second Beach, in Altinkum as there appears to be 2.

I live in Green Valley, which I was led to believe was near Second Beach.

Walking along the sea front, past Main Beach I found a sign, where there are preparing the new road to the Marina, pointing to Second Beach.

Coming down Ataturk Boulevard, there is a sign pointing to both second and third beach, both in the same direction.

Even the Dulmus driver thinks second beach is near the marina, and on the western side of main beach.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

Tommie

Last edited:

Martyn

Second Beach
I'm always confused by this. I thought 2nd beach was down by the Tuntas and the Marina was 3rd beach.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Second Beach
I think second beach is the little beach which you get to between the funfair and the didm beach hotel. £rd beach is past the didum beach.

Eve

Ian

Second Beach
second beach is the one with the Tuntas hotel adjoining it, the council in it's wisdom a couple of years back erected a confusing little sign on the boulevard saying 2nd beach was 3rd beach.

patrish

Second Beach
The Mayor confirmed to us that 2nd Beach is the one by Luna Park.It is also on the map in the Belidye.It was tourist guides some years ago that started naming it that,so it has stuck.Third beach is still that further past Didim Beach hotel:dizzy:

Last edited:

Ian

Second Beach
so where have I been living for the last 5 years ?, all the business owners around here have 2nd beach on our cards !!!, as for the Mayor well that's another story......

Ian

Second Beach
The Mayor confirmed to us that 2nd Beach is the one by Luna Park.It is also on the map in the Belidye.It was tourist guides some years ago that started naming it that,so it has stuck.Third beach is still that further past Didim Beach hotel:dizzy:

Get the Mayor to check this out, while your at it tell him to get it cleaned up !!!

Altinkum Beaches - DIDIMTODAY.COM ALTINKUM DIDIM AKBUK NEWS

Altinkum Second Beach

Altinkum second beach is located at left side of the main beach and also knows as Tuntas Beach, where you will find small cafes, restaurants along with bars. Second beach has some water sports, banana boat with speed rings and jet skis..

Second beach is more smaller than main beach but can get very busy during summer holidays. You can always hire a pedal on the beach.

Altinkum Third Beach

What a nice beach is Altinkum third beach because you can always can get free car service from restaurants bars on the third beach. Penguien Cafe offers nice taste lunch, bbq and meals to holiday makers and makes your holiday more enjoyable at third beach..Also some night entertainment with Belly Dancer. Third beach is located next to the Didim Marina which will be open soon also same as other beaches Third Beach has pedal boats, jet ski, speed rings facilities.

The sunniest months are July, August, September, with average of twelve hours of sunshine and tempatures in the low is 30C. Avoid from sun and drink plenty water. 04/02/09 Didim Today Altinkum Akbuk

Ian

Second Beach
Blue Mermaid Travel | Didim | Altinkum | Airport Transfer | Tour | Hotel Turkey - About Altinkum

Altinkum means 'golden sand' and with it's three beaches which gently shelve into the inviting turquoise blue Aegean, you will soon see how the resort got it's name.Beach life is excellent in Altinkum.The fabulous main beach is known as First Beach and is the largest beach in the resort.The Second Beach is situated to the east of the First Beach in front of the Orion Hotel running to the Tuntaş Hotel.Third Beach is at the opposite end of the resort to Second Beach, past the Luna Park. There are two restaurants at this beach that offer a free bus service and there is also a local bus service (called a dolmuş) from the resort centre.

croftj

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Second Beach
Ian

Some people say that Second Beach is the Kamaci Beach which is between 1st and 3rd Beach????

Ian

Second Beach
yea and some people are calling second beach 3rd beach !!, anyways just google it and you will get the general idea as to where the original 2nd beach is.

Second Beach
Hi we live at the so called 2nd beach near tuntas but the notice board on the beach clearly states that it is dolounay beach,so they must have sold me the wrong apartment as the agent said it was second beach

leylaasena

Second Beach
2nd Beach is the one between 1st and 3rd Beach - the one where the Kamaci Restaurant is, as Patrish says.

Follow the signs put up by the Council who were born here !!!!

Last edited:

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Second Beach
Hi

There is some confusion over where second beach is.

As I understand, please read whole thread, there are 2 Second Beaches.

The official Second Beach, according to Didim Council, is between Main Beach and Thrid Beach. This is where I was taken by the Domus recently. This is also signposted on the Ataturk Boulevard.

The unofficial Second Beach is at the eastern end of town, as is where most people refer to as Second Beach. I believe this was originally named Tolmus Beach.
All estate agents/emlaks refer to this as Second Beach.

If your apartment was sold as being located at Second Beach, then I would accept that as being "correct".

Confused?

Tommie

mike dj

Second Beach
On a map that Didim Belediyesi had printed and distributed about 3 years ago ,the main beach is Altinkum Beach ,Ist Beach is the small one up the hill before Luna Park , 2nd Beach is Kamaci Beach ,3rd Beach is 3rd Beach named as TURNALI Beach .2nd Beach ,Dolanay or Tuntas Beach is not on the map its included in Altinkum Beach. Dont be confused we live in Turkey its wonderful and full of surprises .Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom