peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Sea bass
Right, I have never tasted Sea bass, but it seems to be popular in Turkey.
I fancy having a go at cooking some when we next come out, so has anyone got any yummy ways of cooking it?

I can do it by conventional oven, or crockpot. Come on, help me impress my wife (again:) )

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Sea bass
On a bbq or griddle so the skin goes all crispy :) Thats how they tend to do it in the restaurants. Mind you, I am the last person anyone would ask for cooking tips!!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Sea bass
The best way to cook a sea bass is to sprinkle a little olive oil on the skin and bung it in the oven with head attached.Set the switch to 190 for 15-20 minutes.
Onced it is out of the oven,sprinkle a little lemon juice on,wait for a few minutes to cool and for the lemon to seep in.Then serve it with a nice side dish of salad and flat bread...mmmm...nice
ooops..l just noticed you can cook it in a conventional oven..ooooh!

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sea bass
Surely you're not going to eat this lovely talented fish are you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSF5iKR8WAI&feature=related]YouTube - Big Billy Bass[/ame]

You'd be much better cooking her something like this chappie;

C

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Sea bass
Right, I have never tasted Sea bass, but it seems to be popular in Turkey.
I fancy having a go at cooking some when we next come out, so has anyone got any yummy ways of cooking it?

I can do it by conventional oven, or crockpot. Come on, help me impress my wife (again:) )
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U MUST!

i love sea bass..... pan fried, with a nice home made pesto and lemon clarified nutty butter... its an orgas* in the mouth!

zuberdust

Sea bass
yeh theres a fish that you completly cover and bury in rock salt... cook it in the oven.... then crack open the salt and remove the fish..... i wonder if it must be really dry since salt absorbs liquid

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Sea bass
yeh theres a fish that you completly cover and bury in rock salt... cook it in the oven.... then crack open the salt and remove the fish..... i wonder if it must be really dry since salt absorbs liquid

Do you mean salt cod? we've had the way you describe it's way of cooking and, very surprisingly it was not dry or even salty tasting at all, it was very moist.

zuberdust

Sea bass
Do you mean salt cod? we've had the way you describe it's way of cooking and, very surprisingly it was not dry or even salty tasting at all, it was very moist.

im surpirsed to hear that.... my dad said sumthing similar when he had that in Egypt... and kept goin on about it... but i duno....id like to try it...

Mushtaq

Administrator
Sea bass
I have had fish cooked like that, and it's not dry at all and very tasty, might be a Middle Eastern style as it was a Lebanese restaurant.

nwclio

Sea bass
You can pack the cavity where the guts were with garlic butter, rub with salt and pepper then fry in olive oil on a high heat to crisp the skin. Once the fish is done the butter will have melted and come out of the fish which can then be poured over the served fish. Nice salad and bread and your sorted!

GaryMargaret

Gary+Margaret
Sea bass
I like to just rub olive oil over the skin then BBQ till crispy on both sides serve with wedge of lemon and a green salad with cheese mmmmmmmm

SDC10604.jpg

Nice or what

Cheers Gaz

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Sea bass
"You can pack the cavity where the guts were"

Steve you are a super cook but your descriptions leave a lot to be desired!!! :) x

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
Sea bass

Hi Zuber pleased to see you are still around after your recent troubles, but now back to the subject in Yalikavak all the good fish restaurants serve Sea Bass (Levrek) cooked in a coating of sea salt & usually brought to your table in flames which makes it look fantastic. It is the most moist fish I have ever eaten & certainly does not taste of salt. Certainly worth a try if you get the chance.

PASH

Sea bass
As long as the fish still has its skin on when covered in salt, it will not take the moisture out of the flesh. Its a lovely fish and the best ways are always the simple ways, never over season, i always find lemon and a touch of garlic is all it needs - Yummy!!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Sea bass
I cant seem to insert pics but if you go to my picture gallery I have put a couple of pics of the salt fish that we served in our restaurant on Friday night - stuffed inside with prawns - garlic- mushrooms and white wine

Latest Posts

Top Bottom