Kusann

Scrapping a scooter
How do you scrap a scooter in Turkey ?
Where do you go?
Is there a form we can get?
We have just received tax demands which we will pay need to get it scrapped as it no longer exists.We dont want to have to keep paying tax for a scooter we dont have.

Any ideas?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Scrapping a scooter
One of the easiest methods would probably be to go to a local Trafik Burasi and let them do it for you for a fee.

I see you say that "it no longer exists". You're going to have to show some proof of that. If it's been stolen or written off in an accident you'll need to provide copies of the Polis or Jandarma reports etc.

Kusann

Scrapping a scooter
Ok Thanks.
We did think about going to a agent but..........
The story is 3 years ago we bought a new scooter and it was rubbish cheap Chinese Truva.
After about 6 weeks we took it back to shop and bought another make Sym alot more money but 100X better.The shop gave us all our money back and said they would try to sell and be in contact to change paper work over.We then forgot all about it , 3 days ago we get tax demands(something we did`nt expect).
Contacted the shop they said they will pay taxes as they never sold scooter just used it for parts.
They have said will have to go to police station to report stole ? We thought it might be easy to just get it scrapped ?Not sure if they even have paperwork ?
Will go today or tomorrow and see whats whats and take it from there.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Scrapping a scooter
Be careful.

I think you'll need to surrender the "logbook / ruhsat" to have it officially scrapped.

Don't even consider filing a false report with the Polis. It's bound to come back and bite you eventually.

Kusann

Scrapping a scooter
We have just contacted the shop and they do have paperwork so we are going to notary(Sp).
Think they had given the scooter to someone and had`nt thought about tax demands being sent out and that was the end of it .
We did`nt want to say it was stolen we live just up the road from police station and they know us and they would have know about scooter.
Thanks for you help as always I know where to come you just confirmed what we were thinking.Great to have someone who you can talk to sometimes otherwise you just keep going over the same thing.
Cheers
:)

Ceni

Ceni
Scrapping a scooter
No, actually we don't have first hand experience of this,,,, I would of thought it was just plain ordinary common bl**dy sense!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom