tosmur

Scout Association faces increase in historical sex abuse claims
More than 50 people have instructed solicitors over historical abuse claims against the Scout Association since the Jimmy Savile scandal emerged, the BBC has learnt.

The association and individual scoutmasters have also paid £897,000 in damages, lawyers for the claimants say.

The Scout Association disputed the figures, but said it was "deeply sorry" for anyone hurt by abusers' actions.

BBC News - Scout Association faces increase in historical sex abuse claims

How many more children have been abused - it is absolutely disgusting that people children should be able to trust abuse them.

Spurs

Spurs
Even when I was a kid everyone had their suspicions' over Scouts Master. Did they give a badge for doing this I wonder?

We are surrounded by pervs !!!

juco

So we currently have:

MPs and Lords and Sirs.
High ranking police and Judges.
Teachers
The clergy.
Boy scouts.
Film/pop stars/DJs.
Orphanages.

I am beginning to think I am abnormal.!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
So we currently have:

MPs and Lords and Sirs.
Teachers
The clergy.
Boy scouts.
Film/pop stars/DJs.
Orphanages.

I am beginning to think I am abnormal.!

And immigrants

Martin

Spurs

Spurs
Doctors

Old Uncle Tom Cobbly....................

nanamo

We need to teach our children that touching in private places is always wrong and it's always right to tell. These abusers can only get away with it if children are silenced. The abusers make the abused afraid by telling them something awful will happen to them, drum it into kids that it's never ok. This won't help all kids as I know for sure one child we had placed with us was taken to men by her own father but in that case it would have helped if teachers had taught the lesson in school.

Firefox

Jesus Loves You
This type of behavior has long been ingrained in British Society, you could call it the 'Dark Side' ofBritain.
So much for what they call 'British Decency'.With The U.K., nothing should surprise anyone.

tosmur

When I was young my father always warned me that some adults were attracted to jobs working with children because they were perverts, I thought my father was mad but it seems like there was some truth in what he said.

It is absolutely awful that children are at risk from various people as mentioned:
MPs and Lords and Sirs.
Teachers
The clergy.
Boy scouts.
Film/pop stars/DJs.
Orphanages

Some of these people condemn others for doing the same in other countries, they really are sick.

I cannot imagine what pleasure any adult can get from hurting an innocent defenceless child these adults are beyond contempt.

I believe more children are being encouraged to speak out but they are still very vulnerable

Akasya

Postless Pointer
This type of behavior has long been ingrained in British Society, you could call it the 'Dark Side' ofBritain.
So much for what they call 'British Decency'.With The U.K., nothing should surprise anyone.

Quite right ff , fortunately in the UK the majority are horrified and seek to expose and root out these predatory child abusers.

The same cannot be said for some countries , those countries where it seen as normal , and the women are forced to shut up and keep it in the compound , for fear of another beating.

Steve

cside

The only surprising thing about this is that it has taken so long to explode into the media. Even as kids we knew scout masters were dodgy. Nothing untoward happened to me but as soon as I could stop going I did at about 12 years old, just after moving up to scouts from cubs. Vile organisation based on the values of a racist who thought that the working class should be made fitter to make better canon fodder.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
These perverts were always gonna get away with it when I was a kid because us kids "Where seen but not heard".Nowadays it's become to norm to OUT these scum.But the law is still not helping the kids.A couple of years in nick then out in half the time to do it again.IMHO anyone who abuses their kids or abuses other kids should be given a life sentence.Abusing a child scares it for life,so the sentence should fit the crime.Never mind the prisons are full so we put them in community care,build more prisons damn it.Before one or two Liberal Tree Huggers start bleating about cost,direct the flood of money from Foreign Aid and useless quangos into building them.Goverment should make it law to direct judges to a minimum of 25 yrs if found guilty.They would be a lot of people shakin in their boots then.
Trev.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Unfortunately a possible life sentence would imho predicate attacks on the innocent that may lead to more deaths amongst them.

Dead kids don't give much evidence.

Merely my opinion.

Steve.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Unfortunately a possible life sentence would imho predicate attacks on the innocent that may lead to more deaths amongst them.

Dead kids don't give much evidence.

Merely my opinion.

Steve.

Then what Steve,as the Sent to Butlins open prisons ain't workin.Bring back the Birch I say.
Trev.

Spurs

Spurs

Not just British Society I feel, world wide more like. :7:

tosmur

I agree it is a world problem and it would be great if the world took it seriously and worked together to stamp it out. Sadly the people in power are more interested in oil, gold, diamonds and other things that they value much more than children and that is the really sad thing.

As already mentioned some Judges and MP's are guilty so what would encourage them to make the punishment more severe? What would encourage them to stop the abuse?

kibris

YEAH YEAH YEAH we,ve had outed scout masters,dj,s a few mınor celebs and mp,s but what about namıng the stıll alıve pedos ın hıgh socıety and brıngıng them to book?And ı dont mean dead ones eıther!

tosmur

I wish all the people guilty of child abuse would be brought to book and punished and those with money should also pay for helping victims but as long as some Judges and MP's are part of the problem I don't see how real punishment can be made legally binding as it is not in the best interests of some people in power

Latest Posts

Top Bottom