Kanga

Scotland - SNP....What Next
Kanga said:
Which national bank will underwrite their currency then? The Bank of England wont, especially as they want the euro.

Wot, still no answer. . . . . ?

Can you imagine the conditions that would be imposed? Great cartoon below.

Camden

The SNP MP and QC J. Cherry..... you would expect a better reply, it was was worse, a cop out from answering ... it wasn't the the poster asking what that she felt .... that she should be recommending the book too. but to Sarah Phillimore who made the remarks

Joanna Cherry QC
@joannaccherry

Replying to
@DavidPaisley

My thoughts are that no one including you Mr Paisley should weaponize the Holocaust for their own ends. It is far too serious for that & an insult to the memory of those who died. Should you wish to educate yourself please read this book by @philippesands

Esp7g-F5-XEAAWQGu-format-jpg-name-medium.jpg

Last edited:

SLEEPY

I don't know the answer to be honest but I do know that up to 1979 the Irish Punt was linked to stg post independence. Subsequently Ire joined the Euro in 2002.
So there is a precedent and it would not be the end of the world !

Last edited:
We’ve all heard about the opinion polls for independence but let’s not forget how wrong opinion polls have been wrong over the last decade, there’s been a few racing certs go down in flames.
What would happen to the SNP if they lost their referendum? It couldn’t surely be business as usual.

Sha Hoorsur

As I mentioned previously, I'm no expert on Scottish politics. But I suspect wee Nicky is having deep and meaningfull discussions with the powers that be in the darker recesses on the EU. If she calls a referendum on independence, and she has the assurance that Scotlands re-entry into the EU fold is a done deal, then all you little Englanders who hate my "verminous race" had better get your trowels out. Because Hadrians wall isn't going to rebuild it's self.

jearden

As I mentioned previously, I'm no expert on Scottish politics. But I suspect wee Nicky is having deep and meaningfull discussions with the powers that be in the darker recesses on the EU. If she calls a referendum on independence, and she has the assurance that Scotlands re-entry into the EU fold is a done deal, then all you little Englanders who hate my "verminous race" had better get your trowels out. Because Hadrians wall isn't going to rebuild it's self.
Have no fear, it would be an EU wall and customs border built and paid for by Scottish tax payers along with their annual subscription to the club. When push comes to shove it will be heads not hearts that call the tune.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
If they did rebuild Hadrians wall a lot of geordies would be pissed off, its 68 miles south of the border in geordieville, not a lot of people in Westminster know that.

Martin

Sha Hoorsur

Now I can’t vouch for the validity of this letter, but it was passed on to me from an inside source in the Scottish government.

Dearest Nicola Sturgeon.

Upon doing some research into our family tree, my cousins and I have discovered we have a Scottish ancestor. We had no idea there were any Teuchters in our family, so this has come as a pleasant surprise. With this revelation in mind, we humbly ask your favour in granting us Scottish citizenship, thus enabling us to swap our nasty blue passports for one of these nice red ones when time and circumstance allows.

Your faithful servant McKanga.

And my two Cousins McImmac & McCamden.

Last edited:

Camden

Now I can’t vouch for the validity of this letter, but it was passed on to me from an inside source in the Scottish government.

Dearest Nicola Sturgeon.

Upon doing some research into our family tree, my cousins and I have discovered we have a Scottish ancestor. We had no idea there were any Teuchters in our family, so this has come as a pleasant surprise. With this revelation in mind, we humbly ask your favour in granting us Scottish citizenship, thus enabling us to swap our nasty blue passports for one of there nice red ones when time and circumstance allows.

Your faithful servant McKanga.

The proviso Sha, Nicky and her crew would have to stand down, brush away the moths away from her sporran and find the money to do it . .... oh and to turn up the Countries central heating and serve a decent cold pint.... with London becoming a Federal Scottish city state.

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
As it happens, my mother was a Scot, I am entitled to wear tartan - clan mottos 'I shine not burn' & 'help the king' (they were royalist supporters), my grandfather was in The Black Watch, and I spent many holidays playing on the Dundee Law.

Ian
PS Does this mean, that after Scottish independence, I can have one of those dinky EU Passports with all the stars?

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman

SNP sack Joanna Cherry from Westminster frontbench team​

Full Story

Extract:
Ian Blackford has sacked Joanna Cherry as the SNP's Westminster spokesperson on Justice and Home Affairs.

Blackford said it was part of a reshuffle to "draw on new talent and ensure the SNP has the best possible team in Westminster as Scotland faces the challenges of Covid-19 and Brexit".

Cherry has been a high-profile critic of the Scottish Government’s plans to reform the Gender Recognition Act.

The plan to make it simpler for trans people to receive a gender recognition certificate has created a huge split in the SNP.

That rift in the party came to a head last week when Cherry came to the defence of a gender critical activist suspended by Twitter.

Camden

Ms Cherry was thought of as possible future SNP leader, maybe Wee Nicola is clearing the decks of competition. As last year there was reports of a bitter rivalry between Ms Cherry and Ms Sturgeon, only for the SNP MP Cherry, saying in trying to dampen the rumours, insisting she does not "want to replace Nicola", but wants "to get to know her better". The appropriate reply so as I am led to believe , they say in Scotland is "I, hen pull the other one"

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom