35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Scotland - SNP....What Next
In the aftermath of the independence vote the SNP were on an all time high in popularity. To counter this all sorts of promises were made to the Scottish people for voting to stay in the union. We’re still waiting for most of them. At present the SNP’s popularity has taken a bit of a nosedive, and surprisingly the Tory party has increased their vote North of the border. As a Scot I am now faced with a dilemma. I’ve gone right off the SNP, wee Nicky has cost me a fair bit of cash over the past couple of years and I vote with my wallet as well as my head. The Labour party have all but rendered themselves unelectable, Starmer might improve things but we will have to wait and see. That only leaves the Tory party, and it would be a big ask for me to vote for them. Things are so bad up here that in the last election, for the first time ever, I didn’t vote for any of them.

If you vote Sha, keep it under your hat which way you voted......you can’t win on here lol

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Nicola Sturgeon accuses Ruth Davidson of 'attacking' her husband and using him as 'a weapon against me'

https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...sband-and-using-him-weapon-against-me-3063801

Extract:
Nicola Sturgeon faced fierce criticism amid accusations of uncredible responses to questions in relation to her husband and SNP chief executive Peter Murrell’s knowledge of the sexual harassment allegations against Alex Salmond during First Minister’s Questions.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Scotland's drug deaths rise to new record

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-55184961

Extract:
More than 1,200 people in Scotland died of drug misuse last year, new figures show.

The much-delayed figures show a record number of deaths for the sixth year in a row and the highest total since records began in 1996.

The figure of 1,264 is a 6% increase on 2018 and more than double the number of deaths in 2014.

It is the worst rate recorded in Europe and about three times and a half times the rate for England and Wales.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman

Salmond accuses Sturgeon of misleading parliament​

Full Story

Former first minister Alex Salmond has accused Nicola Sturgeon of misleading parliament, calling her evidence to the inquiry into sexual harassment claims made against him "simply untrue".

Mr Salmond's comments emerged in a written submission to a separate investigation into whether Ms Sturgeon breached the ministerial code.

Sha Hoorsur

I can’t see this doing much harm to Nicola Sturgeon’s credibility. We Scots are much less interested in the peccadilloes of our MP’s than the English tabloids are of the Westminster bunch. The fact that Salmon offered a female co-worked a… “wee burl on the boaby”…. after a boozy night out, is of little interest North of the border. Like her or loathe her, Nicola Sturgeon is a capable and forthright politician, and one of the very few who will readily accept an interview with Piers Morgan.This latest ruffling of the feathers won’t have much impact on her leadership. Storm in a teacup.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
I can’t see this doing much harm to Nicola Sturgeon’s credibility. We Scots are much less interested in the peccadilloes of our MP’s than the English tabloids are of the Westminster bunch. The fact that Salmon offered a female co-worked a… “wee burl on the boaby”…. after a boozy night out, is of little interest North of the border. Like her or loathe her, Nicola Sturgeon is a capable and forthright politician, and one of the very few who will readily accept an interview with Piers Morgan.This latest ruffling of the feathers won’t have much impact on her leadership. Storm in a teacup.
Were the pair ever friends Sha or was it like the rest, all just for political show?

Sha Hoorsur

I’m no expert on Scottish politics, but the two of them did seem to be genuine friends. Nicola Sturgeon was always going to be the First Minister after Salmond, she was his deputy after all. Salmond however, was by all accounts not shy to dish out a bit of salty tongue to any civil servants whom he felt were not pulling their weight. Hence the Lesley Evans debacle. As I see it she was carpeted for not pulling her weight, so she gathered a little coven together to bring Salmond down. Accusing someone of unauthorized rummaging down the cardigan is one thing, proving it in a court of law is another. As Ms Evans found out to her dismay, Salmond can be a formidable enemy. Like Salmond, Nicola Sturgeon should not be underestimated, she is a person of principal and a skilled politician. Compare how she handled the wayward covid positive MP taking a train from London back to Scotland, with Boris’s handling of his adviser driving all round Northern England. Whether the SNP will get their way or not will depend very much on negotiations with the EU, and I would bet my pension that there are discussions going on behind closed doors on Scotland's return to the fold, even as I speak.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman

KPMG: £2m NHS contract for vaccine support goes to private accountancy firm​

Full Story

Scotland's health service has awarded a contract worth more than £2 million to an accountancy firm for "management and advisory services" on the coronavirus vaccine programme.

The contract is for "extended flu and Covid vaccination programme management and advisory services" and was handed out three months before the first vaccinations began in Scotland.
The Scottish Government gave the £2.32 million deal to KPMG without any other competing bids in September because of the "extreme urgency" of the vaccination programme, according to the contract award notice published on Tuesday.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been

KPMG: £2m NHS contract for vaccine support goes to private accountancy firm​

Full Story

Scotland's health service has awarded a contract worth more than £2 million to an accountancy firm for "management and advisory services" on the coronavirus vaccine programme.

The contract is for "extended flu and Covid vaccination programme management and advisory services" and was handed out three months before the first vaccinations began in Scotland.
The Scottish Government gave the £2.32 million deal to KPMG without any other competing bids in September because of the "extreme urgency" of the vaccination programme, according to the contract award notice published on Tuesday.

When you see these numbers, and other Scotland spending, you have to remind yourself that the total population is only 5 million. They are burning through a staggering amount of cash. This is what happens when they are spending other people's money.

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom