maggie

Scorpion sting.
Ouch ouch ouch!!!

About an hour ago I was in the garden weeding and was stung by a scorpion on my ring finger.OMG the pain !!!!!I went all sort of hot and cold and faint.!!

Screamed my way into the house where Nik thought I was joking till I said I thought I was about to die.Never felt pain like it.!!!!Antihistamines,an ice pack:14: my hand held lower than my heart and a lie down and it still fookin kills.

It was a little brown scorpion are these poisioness?????

I seem to have rather a raised vein going up my left arm!!!!!(Poision)???????

Help.!!!!!!
Should Nik get my insurance policy out lol .

I know im trying to be brave but God it hurts.

Hugs Maggie xx

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Scorpion sting.
Yep they definitely nip a bit. I've been stung 3 times.

Don't use ice on it, it'll make it sting more.

Try to keep your finger in vinegar or ammonia to ease the pain.

If the pain gets any worse or you begin to hyper-ventillate, get to hospital. There's no anti-venom as such, but they need to make sure that you don't go into shock.

On average the pain goes away after about 18 hours but the nerves will still "tingle" for weeks after.

Last edited:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Scorpion sting.
Will this affect the outcome of the auction Maggie..? or is this a ploy to get out of a "Day with Maggie." :)
At least it's not fatal... life here wouldn't be the same without you.. XX

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Glad u can joke alan!!
It hurts.

No way will i renegade on my Maggie for a day.

hugs maggiexx

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Soz bout bak to bak posting but the vinegar is really now starting to help KKOB I love you.xxxxxxxHugs Maggie xx

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Scorpion sting.
Found this on a web site Maggie...

Scorpion bites - find the bugger that got you, pinch off his tail and eat him, or if you are not a fan of this cure (which does work), an immediate cold shower, with a large intake of tequila or mescal...

or this....

7. INSECT BITE OR STING: -

For scorpion sting, applying juice of mango leaf on the spot and given the leaf decoction to consume is a very effective and easy cure.

Tulsi or holy basil leaves juice given orally and applied on the spot of sting an effective curative for any sting or bite.

For wasp sting or some insect bite, rubbing lemon piece or onion slices with force is useful in decreasing the effect of poison.

If there is swelling on the spot of any bite or sting, applying dry ginger paste with curd (little warm) is very effective to subsides the swelling quickly.

Rubbing fenu greek powder over the area of the stings or bite also removes the harmful effects of the poison.

And there's a bit on here might help... got any turmeric..?

Turmeric - The Golden Goddess

Good luck Maggie... what you need is someone to kiss it better... :) lol:30::3::blowkiss:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Scorpion sting.
just foundthis on net doctor

Treatment of a scorpion sting
Pain at the site of the sting can sometimes be limited with an ice cube.
Painkilling injections (morphine-based painkiller) may be required and a doctor should therefore be consulted. In the case of more marked symptoms, treatment must be given as for snake bites, and the patient must receive medical treatment as quickly as possible.
There is antiserum for scorpion venom. Treatment must be overseen by a doctor

martin

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Thank you all at the mo the vinegar seems to be working.
Still feel a bit iffy but chatting to you lot on here takes my mind off my throbbing finger, the vein in my arm is not quite so swollen.!!!

Tumeric eh Nik puts that in curry going to go raid the spice jars if it gets worse.!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Scorpion sting.
Putting ice on the sting site for more than a few minutes can damage the nerve endings in the finger.

Maggie,

Try to drink at least a litre of water before going to bed as you'll have sweated that out in the first hour or so. Sounds as if you're over the worst of it now but you don't want to get de-hydrated and wake up with a bangin' headache.

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Funny you said that I just said to Nik I feel really hot and need a drink!!!!

Finger is still in vinegar.!!!!
Thank you Doctor Kildare KKOB.!!!!!Hugs Maggie xx

akbukcyd

Scorpion sting.
Really sorry to hear about your sting - now you know why I hate gardening and weeding so much!!! Hope you better soon xxxx

pebble

Scorpion sting.
Oh my Gawd Mag. wht a **** thing to happen. You should have gone to the saglik ocagi or a first aid station or doctor. what if it was worse?
Im glad the vinegar is working for you, drink plenty of water as KKOB says and try to flush out the toxins.
Good luck, and keep us posted............

and be careful in the yarden with all those creatures..........

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Just got up slept for Turkey I think.!!!!

Banging headache this morning !!!

Vein in arm still a little raised.finger a wee bit tingly still.

Do feel better than yesterday tho.

Thank you everyone for your help and concern.

Wont stop me gardening tho gardens dont look after them selves and I like being a Charlie Dimmock.

Hugs Maggie xxx

pebble

Scorpion sting.
KKOB - YOU KNOW IT....... as nosey as they get......
thats the spirit maggie, just be careful.

maggie

Scorpion sting.
Am going to go get myself a very thick pair of gardenning gloves!!!

Hopefully the little feckers cant sting there way thro them.!!!!

Just really does show you what nasty creatures can be found in unattended gardens,and woods,forests etc.

Quess my next find will be a nasty big snake there are lots of them in Akbuk.

Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom