Redhand

Scooter queries and Scooter Wanted
Im looking to purchase a scooter for use when I am on holidays in Akbuk. I intend to spend 3 months of the year there. Does any one know can non residences purchase a scooter, do they have any trouble registering , taxing and insuring them and are the allowed to use them with just a UK car licence or will I have to do a Turkish driving test ----and finally does anyone know of any for sale
Thanks

laz

hiya stan

my mate on the next complex down from us did have one for sale all registered etc it would just be a case of going to the notary's office to change details. if you would like me to get more details for you just let me know. or i have a turkish friend who sells scooters and bikes so maybe he would be able to sort one out for you. i could arrange for you to meet him when you get here and you could tell him what you are looking for.

Redhand

Thanks Laz that would be great, all information is welcome find out what you can for me

All you need to purchase a scooter is a passport and a tax number, I went in to the Yamaha shop in Fethiye with my passport and credit card 2 hours later I rode away on a brand new scooter taxed and insured, number plates were provided 4 days later, they even took me to the tax office to get my tax number, as I said all done inside 2 hours and would not be without it.

Mag

All you need to purchase a scooter is a passport and a tax number, I went in to the Yamaha shop in Fethiye with my passport and credit card 2 hours later I rode away on a brand new scooter taxed and insured, number plates were provided 4 days later, they even took me to the tax office to get my tax number, as I said all done inside 2 hours and would not be without it.

Hi how much did it cost you?

Redhand

Anyone any idea how much a 100cc 4 stroke scooter costs new in Turkey say one of the more well known brands ie Honda

you dont need to be a resident and you can drive on uk licence up to 150cc
Contrary to many peoples beliefs, you do need a UK motorcycle license to ride a scooter or motorbike in Turkey. A normal UK license does not legally cover you in Turkey. This was confirmed to me by the head of Trafik Polis in Mugla.

laz

a friend of ours actually phoned the dvla to confirm about this license milarky and were informed that you can ride a scooter/motorbike up to 100cc on your english driving license anywhere abroad. another grey area maybe????????????

Latest Posts

Top Bottom