stevecarol

Schumacher makes a comeback..
Not Really
seams like these days people retire and return again, its in his blood and hes probably fed up with falling off his motorbike:biggrin1:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
yes lets hope he hasn't lost his touch, its been quite exciting this season in more ways than one.

DAVIDO

to me , the sport lost a bit of magic when he retired. even in a car that had problems, he always got the best from it,where other drivers would have given up. and when he won wow ,the enthusiasm. i cant wait to see what he will do . a big ask but hes the man to give the team the confidence, they need at the moment.

davido

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I was glad to see the back of him and hope he fails. He deliberately crashed into opponents when they stood to beat him on at least two occasions. Win at all costs is not good for any sport.

Ian

DAVIDO

the stats say it all, world titles twice with benaton 5 times with Ferrari.would have one in 1999 but broke his leg and missed 7 races and finished 2nd twice ,i think.also was champion in cart racing before formula 1.so i think that alone shows how good he is. Hamilton and team were fined for lying just recently .and wasnt it hammilton who took raikennan out at pit lights.all drivers have their ways of bending the rules. 99 percent of shuemacher was done on merit and skill ..at least he stayed in germany when winning and loyal to fans ,not like hammilton who whinged of the attention, and went to switzerland.and if it wasnt for a last minute slowdown of a car last year ,massa would have been champion.

davido

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
No, the stats do not say it all, but they do show that he was very good at what he did - no denying that. What they do not show is the moral fibre of the man.

I was not comparing him with anyone else, but drawing attention to a flaw in his personality. Anyone who would crash into someone to stop them winning is not worth supporting.

Ian

DAVIDO

i appreciate your point immac,and like yourself , thought a couple of his tactics could have been unnecessary, but he was apart from that quite brilliant.to me even in a impossible position ,he would give that bit extra and finish a lot higher up the field than another driver would if in same circumstances.another point is that when jenson button started he was going to be the greatest ever the way the press went on. then he didnt get the car to perform, and this year nearly was out . then the brawn team has turned it around and he is doing well.and good luck for him to win .but what annoys me about hammilton is the commentators putting him on a pedestal for every move he makes.oh what a great bit of overtaking . the same move if shumacher had done it ,would have been ohh he squeezed his opponent off the track.and now this year when we have button doing so well , again the coverage still goes to hammilton , even if hes lapped and last ,they go overboard if he passes a opponent . if button was in same place he wouldnt
get a mention

davido

I think that everyone agrees that he has proved to be class driver.
However, that does not excuse him from cheating.
His track record shows that it was not neccesary to cheat ,his driving skill alone should prove his case.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
I was at Silverstone when he broke his legs and was quite disgusted at the cheer that went up when he did so - just proves that 'fans' can be unsporting too!

DAVIDO

i agree apollo,

and i would be a hypocrite to say i approved of ,lets be honest 1 maybe 2 incidents ,but footballers diving to get a penalty,cricketers , saying they caught a ball when it touched the ground first, boxing ,dodgy blows etc, and many other discretions .and like peter said he wasnt always popular with public.but to me he was exiting to watch and technically brilliant,getting every last bit out of the car .and when he won he showed a joy that was like you would when winning your first race .what made me annoyed was the commentating of martin brundall. always having a snide comment . when he was on track would say we could try and have a word with shuey ,probably wont speak though, but i noticed every time he went over ,he did speak, unlike some of the other drivers who waved him away.

davido
davido

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Never have liked the bloke never will, like a lot of Germans he's a smug arrogant git...
But one thing is for sure.. the rest of the season could be lively.

Did you see "Top Gear " where the "Stig" took his helmet off unmasking himself..?
No..? guess who was inside the helmet.. Yeah, Schumacher.., i reckoned it was con but my lad wouldn't have it.

Alan.

stevecarol

I hope that hamilton stuffs the cheating,arrogant, self opinionated, smarmy sourkrut munching German. And before you ask....... no i dont like him:moonie:

DAVIDO

until i read the last bit i thought you were talking about hammilton lol. last year he had a car that was so good my kid could have one in it . now this year not so good ,hes winging to the team over radio all the time.even wanted to retire after he was found cheating.massa should have been champ last year but points system helped hammilton .
davido

Latest Posts

Top Bottom