OLIVER

Schools in altinkum
Hi,

I am planning to move to Altinkum very soon and I need to find out as much as possible about schools.

My daughter is 10 just finished year 5 here in UK.

Any info advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Howell's

Schools in altinkum
My 12 year old daughter goes to Valıer school. She should be goıng ınto year 8 ın the UK but due to the language barrıer she ıs goıng ınto year 7.
I would hıghly advıse prıvate turkısh lessons asap to help her on her way, my daughter has 2 lessons a week each lastıng 1 and half hours.
If you want anymore help PM me and ı wıll help ıf ı can as ı know how worryıng ıt ıs gto send your kıds to a new school ın a new country.
By the way Olıvıa loves ıt now she has settled

OLIVER

Schools in altinkum
Cheers I will PM you. I have heard about valiers as being very good and lots of English kids there. I can't find a website which is really frustrating. I guess we expect everywhere to have one these days! ANy info you can give me would be brill, like when do they start back after holidays, who should I contact, costs etc.

Thanks

Howell's

Schools in altinkum
They start back mid Setember, ı will give you the dates when i have them but was told 15th September, just want to check to be sure.
You will need to go and see the school secretary he is a really nice guy. We had to give 350 lira donation to the school for Olivias books etc.
Make sure you have an up to date school report which you will need to take to the education department in Aydın for them to decide which class she will go into. you will then have to go back and collect the stamped report approx 2 weeks later and give it back to the secretary at Valıer. Untill you do this she will only be classed as a visitor to the school. I also had to show she had a years resıdency which she already had. Although ı know some kids dont have these.
İf you dont have a school report i think she must sit a test to decide what class she will go in.

OLIVER

Schools in altinkum
Hi,

Well we are leaving UK on 5th Jan and really excited and nervous. I was in Didim a few weeks ago and my fiance took me to Valiers as his mum was a teacher there untill she retired. It seemed very nice. Hope Olivia is still enjoying things and you have all had a good xmas.

Howell's

Schools in altinkum
Hi Oliver
Olivia still really loves school here. She said if your daughter is on morning classes she will hang out with her at break times untill she finds her feet.
Good luck with the move..

OLIVER

Schools in altinkum
That's so cool, tell Olivia that would be great. Shelly in her wisdom said she wants to do afternoons in the winter so she can lie in & mornings in the summer so she can go swimming after school...sounds like a plan to me!

Howell's

Schools in altinkum
That's so cool, tell Olivia that would be great. Shelly in her wisdom said she wants to do afternoons in the winter so she can lie in & mornings in the summer so she can go swimming after school...sounds like a plan to me!

Sorry to burst her bubble but she has to one or the other. I love the fact she does mornings cause in the summer we have the rest of the day to do what we want.
If she gets to choose i would advise mornings all day long :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom