Himmycats

SCAM at WOW Hotel Istanbul
Dear People,

I just taught to share this experience with you, as I cannot stand the Sh** customer care and scam at the WOW Hotel Istanbul.

As Hotel it is quite nice and which is convenient through our travels and stop overs so we had decided to have a one night stay at this Hotel. As a Hotel I can assure you that for Istanbul it is reasonably priced and quite clean.

On our stay at the Hotel we did not consume nor bought any single thing since we dined at the city centre. We had paid our booking online with our VISA. To our surprise when we had arrived home we found in our accounts that they had charged 25Euro worth of consumptions. I called the Hotel and was told that we had ordered a service in our room. I contested it and we were told TO CALL AGAIN!! ( They do not have a face, we to call again rather than getting back to us) Well so we did, not for the money because calls are not bloody cheap, but for the point! So I did call and I was told that the signature was not ours, and it was the waiter's mistake by inputting the wrong room number. Infact we never had a room service. To cut the story short I was promised back refund to our account, and TODAY after 2 several more phone calls and 2 months after, the money is still not in, and they just over charged us with 25Euro.

I personally will never book online with a CREDIT CARD but with a VISA DEBIT CARD, and next time I make sure I order something so when they come to charge me they find the account empty. Hope you guys learn from my lesson because instead of a sandwich, the guy whom ate on my back could have ordered a bottle Of MOET or a Jack Daniels!

Last edited:

GnD

That is awful, but I am certain there is recourse with the credit card company. Have you tried?

They have an obligation to show the signature which should be possible to email to you and no more overseas phone calls.

It is up to them to prove you spent it and if not they have full insurance and should reimburse you.

Debbie

juco

I agree take it up with the card company. I had 3 x £2 overcharges on my credit card, I know small amount but.... Anyhow it took about 2 months to sort but it was done by email and I did get my credit for £6
It was for a company in USA hell knows how but they did.

Dont let them get away with it.

willip

willip
agree with the other posters get in touch with your credit card company, you just explain the details and leave it with them,P&O ferries were dragging their feet over paying myself a refund so i got in touch with my credit card and it was back in my bank account within 24 hours Pat

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I hope you get your money credited back to you too, it's not the money, it's the way they work and the principle of it all. And do they care............................

gosh, i am sorry to hear of your experience with WOW Hotel. i have stayed overnight with them in the past.79 EUROS for a superior delux room, and believe
me it was. i had no problems whatsoever. i have even recommended then to others on this forum.
i paid in advance with my credit card, wonder if this saved me the hassle you are having. i did have room service(numerous pots of coffee) and paid for them with credit card on departure.
i will be using them again overnight in february.
hope you get it all sorted out soon. as others have said, ring your credit card company.
best of luck.

79 euros was on-line price, normally £250. stayed in october 2009.

Last edited:

mallin

mal mc cullough
unbelievable i was just about to book the wow march 20th for two doubles i night.what a joke that is.
regarding those 3x 2 pounds withdrawn from a usa outfit juco it might have been a con.i got caught for 5 quid from a company calling itself a charity company [name escapes me] but shortly after they tried for a bigger amount and the credit card company stopped it.only found out when i went through my statement and rang them.got reimbursed the fiver.
think i will check out the courtyard by marriott in istanbul having read this scam here.cheers.

thingthong

the president hotel is another excellent choice,i can highly recommend it,also you can get the metro to beyazit from ataturk airport in 34 mins for 3/4 tyl,hotel just opposite the grand bazaar,10 mins walk to blu mosque........

mallin

mal mc cullough
would love to see the blue mosque just for its worldwide fame.land at ataturk airport hotel late[after 10pm]and depart the next morn at 11 am.liked the idea of the courtesy bus to get us from a to b but not essential.
any ideas guys.there will be four of us.cheers.malachi

Maisie

Another scam on credit cards. Payments to Asos, who are a mail order company. My credit card company picked up several small payments to them, but before authorising the transactions, rang me first. So I did not lose any money. But the credit card company told me this is how it is worked. Several small amounts to "test" the validity of the card details, and then it gets hit with a big one. Apparently on-line music downloads are another one these conmen use. I have access to my credit card on-line and check it virtually every day. Maisie

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I have access to my credit card on-line and check it virtually every day.

Yea me too, I do all my banking on-line and check my CC regularly, but these people are so slick at how they do it, not everyone does these checks, but it is a good tip to those that don't Maisie.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
This maybe could have been a genuine mistake but they should have rectified it once you contacted them.

Here is their website with address and email contact details. I would recommend you write to them telling them what happened and at least get them to reply in writing to you.

WOW HOTELS & CONVENTION CENTER

C

mallin

mal mc cullough
be careful.got few phone calls from guys allegedly claiming to be from talk talk.
can tell you is is not talk talk.they try to butter you up telling you that you have been awarded an upgrade on your account......ended up telling this doll alicia as she clled herself to go .... off

ChrisBobs

would love to see the blue mosque just for its worldwide fame.land at ataturk airport hotel late[after 10pm]and depart the next morn at 11 am.liked the idea of the courtesy bus to get us from a to b but not essential.
any ideas guys.there will be four of us.cheers.malachi

Hi Malachi
my friends needed an overnight stay with a similar arrival/departure like yours
so I found them the Airport Inn Hotel, 3km from the Airport but on the seafront.
Yesilkoy Hotel - Airport Inn Hotel
They were very happy with it.
And when booking the hotel didnt ask for pre-payment, they just paid on arrival.

Sadly, I don't think you would have time for sightseeing with check-in at 10am,
Cheers
Chris

Himmycats

gosh, i am sorry to hear of your experience with WOW Hotel. i have stayed overnight with them in the past.79 EUROS for a superior delux room, and believe
me it was. i had no problems whatsoever. i have even recommended then to others on this forum.
i paid in advance with my credit card, wonder if this saved me the hassle you are having. i did have room service(numerous pots of coffee) and paid for them with credit card on departure.
i will be using them again overnight in february.
hope you get it all sorted out soon. as others have said, ring your credit card company.
best of luck.

79 euros was on-line price, normally £250. stayed in october 2009.

Hi Culturevulture,

YES we paid online with VISA 2 weeks before! At check out point we cleared everything that we had nothing outstanding as infact it was since we did not consume anything! Then at a surpirse I arrived home and found the 25Euro charges. It is the same way when you go to Hotels and they block 300 or 250 euro from your card as a guarantee and then it takes 2 weeks to clear!

These people had no right to over charge me, 1st I at no point my presented my card except ONLINE to BOOK! 2nd I never signed any BILL!

We personally LOVE Turkey and the people are very kind and helpful, but most people in business are very hungry and dishonest for money like starving dogs, shame on them, as they are spoiling the country's image and reputation.

I am taking it thorugh HSBC

Thanks

Last edited:

Himmycats

Sorted

The issue was sorted after I reported the HOTEL to HSBC.

Money was refunded in 1 day. If it was not for Bank, I would still be fooled around as I was for 3 months!

One note, always CHECK out on WOW HOTEL Istanbul!

Summertime

Golden Girls
Very bad of the Hotel, but I dont think you will get your money back, if you had used your creditcart, yes, but Visa, not.

Himmycats

Very bad of the Hotel, but I dont think you will get your money back, if you had used your creditcart, yes, but Visa, not.

Actually I got my money back, and I had used VISA credit. THis thanks to the Back who faced them. From now on with this hotel in particular I will be paying online by my other VISA card which is ELECTRON, Debit. I will put the exact ammount they need and they will not be able to take more and put me in credit!

As they say "Once bitten twice shy"

I will still be using this Hotel for the simple reason that it is very convenient and very close to the airport. Other wise I am sorry to say but it is another Bummer and unfortunately like 90% of all businesses in Turkey

Hi Himmycats,
glad you got your money back and that it is all sorted now.
Yeah like you I will be using this hotel again, for the reasons you mentioned.
Hope I will be as satisfied as last time.
Any other problems with them, you might let us know and I will do the same.

Cheers.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom