SHAWY

Satisfied customer
Hello
I read lots of remarks on this forum about mistrust in Turkey and people having problems not receiving there Tapus.I would like to sing the praises
of Sevim+John at AKBUK ESTATE who have just completed the sale of our
new villa in Akbuk.From selecting property on our first visit in June this year
we did our own negotiations on the price of the property,before being introduced to Sevim,from then on we were allowed to sit back without a care
in the world as Sevim + John took care of every aspect in the buying of the property.Taking care of everything from drawing up a contract to even taking out the earthquake insurance.On one visit in September they even allowed us the use of there own appartment (free of charge)
So anyone out there looking to buy property in or around Didim could not find a nicer or more honest couple than these two people.

Thanks Sevim+John

Pete+Roz

Saoirse

Satisfied customer
excellent stuff

Always like to hear good reports too about agents as I genuinely believe the vast majority are straight and helpful

Martyn

Satisfied customer
Yes Philip I believe the same so if they have done a good job for you post it on tlf, honest people are trying to do business.:clap:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Satisfied customer
What a great thread, and excellent service for your buying process. I hope that you spend many happy times there.

Saoirse

Satisfied customer
well especially with it being the season of goodwill I would like to give my agent a great write up

Tracey, Premier Estates Fethiye was and continues to be excellent in all her dealings with us.

We bought an appt totally pain free, sold the appt and again the process was excellent.

I then bought land and because my monies were slow getting from Ireland to Turkey she even put forward her own money to ensure the process was completed in time.

We then used the building dept of Premier Estates to have our own wee house built and again every step of the way she went more than the extra mile to help us

I have even seen us out in a shop or restauarant and I ring her to help bargain or translate things for us.Try getting that service from any agent back home.

Amazing service from decent people.Tracey and Emrah, Premier Estates thanx for everything.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Satisfied customer
Such a refreshing change to read about a satisfied customer. Thank you both for your posts.

suzyq

Satisfied customer
These sorts of posts are what we like to read and was very happy to read about your purchase, as others have said there are good people out there so it's great that you are proud owners of a trouble free purchase.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Satisfied customer
That's really good hearing of these things.
I wish there were more like them.

Jeannie

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Satisfied customer
I have posted on another thread about our good experience when buying in Turkey, but as this is such a good positive thread I'd like to name our Agent Ash Rahmani, he was excellent with us, he never once gave any sales pressure talk, and just left us to make our own decision. He is still working around the Bodrum area, so if anyone ever needs to deal with him please p.m me and I can give you his contact details. The whole process went very smoothly for us.

Tess

Satisfied customer
I am absolutely delighted to read of good experiences and satisfied customers, it fills me with joy.
It is a refreshing change to read of happy experiences and it does give inspiration to many who are embarking on the journey we have faced.
It is only fair however for anyone about to take the steps to know there is an element, hopefully small out there who gives no regard for them or theirs, so I do think it is very very important for all aspects of the buying process to continue to be discussed.
Every single post Positive or Negative can only be good for the would be purchasers to learn from the experiences.
Positive and negative can work hand in hand, everyone must learn from the stories in the negative vein to make them search hard and research hard to achieve a positive.
This forum is a platform to learn from.
Well done TLF!!!

Maisie

Satisfied customer
Hi Shawy - are you saying that it only took from starting in June this year to get your Tapu? This certainly seems like a remarkable company to organise things this fast. Good luck to you. Maisie

enigma

Satisfied customer
If we're singing the praises of our estate agents then I feel I must add my comments about Ahmet Akay at Lagoon Estates in Fethiye. We bought our property from him 6 years ago and still he is a special friend of ours. The service was absolutely excellent and stress free. He is always happy to help us and when, a couple of years ago we popped in to see him and happened to mention we were shopping for a big flat screen TV he insisted that we go back to him after we had chosen the one we wanted so that he could ensure we got the best price. Needless to say he secured a good discount for us but was disappointed that he 'was not on form' that day as he had hoped to get the price down even further. We were delighted of course with any further discount, having haggled ourselves. As has been said previously, thankfully the majority of estate agents are honest. Just make sure you go to one that has a history and has been in business for a few years.

Martyn

Satisfied customer
Moved thread as this was in the Akbuk forum and posts from other areas have been added.

Last edited:

SHAWY

Satisfied customer
Hello Maisie,
My wife and myself came out to Akbuk in early June to see if we would like the place enough to live out here in our retirement.We had holidays in Turkey twenty years previously in Altinkum + Marmaris but wanted some were more peaceful,it took us 24 hours to make our minds up that we had found that place.We have plenty travel experience having been all over Asia many times so had a good idea what we wanted. Within seven days we had also found a property we liked enough to make a decision on
so it was go home and think about it or take the plunge. We dived in negotiated a price with the site agent ( could probably have got the price down a little more) and left a small deposit. We have since been back to Akbuk twice on our second visit we were introduced to Sevim and took an immediate liking to her.After a few vodkas and the odd beer.we decided to let Sevim take full control.We paid our final instalment on the villa this week and Sevim took the the Tapu in return.Everything has been taken out of our hands by Sevim+John and nothing to much trouble.John has even done some of the snagging on the property and we have met other people who cannot speak highly enough of them, so we are not a one off. Hope this answers your question Maisie,good luck to your self and happy Christmas.

Pete.

Joannasal

Satisfied customer
I would also praise Tracey and Emrah to the hilt. When I was buying I was dealing with 3 different currencies, 3 different times zones and 2 different weekends so we had only 3 matching working days per week! I was mega stressed, but Tracey was simply excellent - sending me up to date photos and reassuring me every step of the way. I chose my home in January but it was only half built and all the alterations I wanted done Tracey or Sukru (who works for Tracey) oversaw. I only saw my cormpleted home when I moved over in July and everything was even better than I could have imagined or hoped for.
Tracey, Emrah and Sukru continue to help me with queries not always related to my home and yet they do it with no fuss and never make you feel a nuisance. They really are a super company.

Karen & John

London / Akbuk
Satisfied customer
I am absolutely delighted to read of good experiences and satisfied customers, it fills me with joy.
It is a refreshing change to read of happy experiences and it does give inspiration to many who are embarking on the journey we have faced.
It is only fair however for anyone about to take the steps to know there is an element, hopefully small out there who gives no regard for them or theirs, so I do think it is very very important for all aspects of the buying process to continue to be discussed.
Every single post Positive or Negative can only be good for the would be purchasers to learn from the experiences.
Positive and negative can work hand in hand, everyone must learn from the stories in the negative vein to make them search hard and research hard to achieve a positive.
This forum is a platform to learn from.
Well done TLF!!!
Hi Tess

Yes I agree with you as far as information is king (or queen).

But alot of us have invested in Turkey and sometimes reading through arcive postings of some members expreiances can shed a bad light on Turkish property perchesing.

For our investments to progress we need oversea's investore's, so to read about a good deal going through and unsoliceted recomendation is fantastic, both as a informed onlooker and a very jealous player in the game of property perchase in Turkey.

I say well done to all conserned, I wish there were more happy posting's.

John

PS Just read back what i wrote, don't mean to sound condersending and your reserch advice was spot on.

Tess

Satisfied customer
Hi Tess

Yes I agree with you as far as information is king (or queen).

But alot of us have invested in Turkey and sometimes reading through arcive postings of some members expreiances can shed a bad light on Turkish property perchesing.

For our investments to progress we need oversea's investore's, so to read about a good deal going through and unsoliceted recomendation is fantastic, both as a informed onlooker and a very jealous player in the game of property perchase in Turkey.

I say well done to all conserned, I wish there were more happy posting's.

John

PS Just read back what i wrote, don't mean to sound condersending and your reserch advice was spot on.

Hi John,
I too invested in Turkey and my journey thus far has been rocky, having said that I have no jealousy to anyone who did it with ease.
I rejoice when i read a good story, my posting was in no way to deter anyone from investing in the region merely to exercise caution when doing so.
I wish every story was a good one John, and that is my point, there is no reason on earth why it should not be.

Last edited:

juco

Satisfied customer
Hi Shawy - are you saying that it only took from starting in June this year to get your Tapu? This certainly seems like a remarkable company to organise things this fast. Good luck to you. Maisie

This does not surprise me, I have never bought off sevim & John but they are a very helpful couple and by all accounts are genuine, I have yet to hear anything untoward against them in over 5 years.
I know of a few people who have bought from them and all have had a smooth transaction.

It is not often I praise an emlak but in this instance.......

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Satisfied customer
It is so pleasing to read about positive buying experiences, so thank you for sharing.

I think one of the problems in society in general is we only bother to say something if we've had a bad time with it, (and yes, I too fall into that bracket!) and all too often when one has received good service, we forget to say anything publicly, apart from thank the said company/agent/person directly.

So, when it's time for the next potential customer to buy something whilst we may be aware of the sharks out there we are not really sure whom to go to for an overall good service including after sales service, as we all know sales service is generally very good before the kill (i.e... sale!).

I guess its a bit like reading reviews on house insurance, you read all good reviews which praised the price and how easy it was to buy. Then when its time you need to make a claim you read the negative reviews that stated the claim process was virtually useless; lol.

So, thanks to everyone for these helpful posts. It does help to restore buying confidence for potential buyers.
This forum seems so well balanced with in its content and generous admin that allow all members to suggest categories, complexes etc that I'm sure potential buyers will find some helpful info. here.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom