GarryP

Satellite Images showing Altinkum /Akbuk
Map of Akbuk wanted

Does anyone have or can anyone knock up an outline map of Akbuk showing:
a) the different area's like Yesilkent, Kumkent, etc
b) area's of historical interest (the old church, harbour)
c) the key shops & restaurants in the town

Something alongs the line of the grid map on the Altinkum forum would be fantastic.
This is a challenge for any budding cartographers out there!! Come on, someone take it up, please!!

Thanks

GarryP

gezmek

Regular guy
For me I solved the problem of a lack of a map by spending 2 weeks walking almost every street and road in Akbuk proper. I now have a very good sense of the place and geography.

As to historical sites of interests, the joy of discovery was better than a map. For restaurants and bars I had a very good time checking these out for myself and intend to resume my mission when I return in a few weeks...:D:D:D:D

quote:Originally posted by GarryP

Does anyone have or can anyone knock up an outline map of Akbuk showing:
a) the different area's like Yesilkent, Kumkent, etc
b) area's of historical interest (the old church, harbour)
c) the key shops & restaurants in the town

Something alongs the line of the grid map on the Altinkum forum would be fantastic.
This is a challenge for any budding cartographers out there!! Come on, someone take it up, please!!

Thanks

GarryP

GarryP

Images were taken within the past 3 years.

With this software rom Google, you can zoom in down to street level but the reduced resolution to get them onto this forum makes them a bit fuzzy, so I didn't bother.

Microsoft are to launch their own satellite imaging software in the next few months and you will be able to count the number of manhole covers in Akbuk (if there are any)!!

GarryP

Akbuk Rob

quote:you will be able to count the number of manhole covers in Akbuk (if there are any)

The manhole cover in my garden is broken & the caretakers only got a moped. :)

Akbuk Rob

Perhaps but a bit risky if the smell from the manhole mixes with the petrol smell from the old bike, the whole sitesi could be covered in it.

GarryP

so we don't have any sort of map detailing the town of Akbuk between us?

Disappointing!!

juco

Re: Map of Akbuk wanted

garryp
Do you have any part of akbuk mapped? if so we could start with yours and then others could maybe add to it.We probably all could map the areas we live in and put them all together. If I could get all the pieces I would have a go at the map.
Juco

GarryP

Re: Map of Akbuk wanted

Hi Juco
No I don't have any sort of map and I don't really know much about Akbuk to have a go at one.
Thanks anyway
GarryP

wiuru

the link for me keeps coming up with error
using Google earth pointer at bottom left of screen go for 37degrees 23 mins 27.66N then 27degrees 26 mins 18.45E Brings you into the centre of Akbuk . hope this helps

GarryP

The Images of south wester turkey have dramatically improved with the latest version of Google Earth. You can now see the properties in Akbuk very clearly, although the images are some 2 years old.
To find Akbuk, do a search on Bodrum and then negotiate up to Akbuk Bay.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Why don't you try Google Earth ?

Sorry, a bit late on that one. :lol:

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Are you on there Alan? :lol:

As far as I could see the world finishes at Kara├žula and I live in unchartered territory! The middle of nowhere springs to mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkc

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
That's the trouble with you Yokels !

We downloaded Google Earth but when we looked at our area in Fethiye it was way out of date perhaps 18 months to 2 years.
We were very disappointed as we thought it was a satellite program that was up to date within a month or so.
We will probably uninstall it !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom