cjmpiper

Sankop / Cooperatives
Can anyone give me some information on the do and don'ts of buying into a cooperative? Is it safe? Do you still own it although you only have a share certificate and not a tapu? We saw something we like on the Sankop Sitesi but would like to hear from anyone that lives/owns there of in a cooperative elsewhere before we proceed. Many thanks!!!

Sara-666

Sankop / Cooperatives
We bought in a ko-op in Ortakent about 7 years ago, when we bought we were able to buy in that area, when we came to get our tapu last year the boundaries had changed and we had to have a company to legally own the property that we already owned! There were no down sides except this to owning on a co-op, the aidet was expensive when we first owned due to the amount of work that still needed doing (whatever was needed was divided between the 100 houses there, then worked out over the course of a year), but now is down to 60tl a month which I think is reasonable for the facilities we have. I'm sure every site has it's problems, the management team before we bought there was corrupt and stole most of the money (aidet) people paid but this can happen on any sitei, it's taken them 7 years to get them to court.

We have had no problems, but I'm sure someone on here will have another point of view, when all said and done it's up to you in the end.

Good luck with your search for a property and if you have any specific questions pm me and I'll try to answer with my limited knowledge.

Sara

Peregrine

Sankop / Cooperatives
have a look round, is it well run?

how complete is it? - eg if they have a pool = great, if not you may have to stump up for it. Dotto roads and fences etc

what are the neighbours like - do they live there full time or only in summer

whats the security like?

its a method the locals use to get into property at an affordable leve so as a system it has to work. Not without its pitfalls obviously but check it out first and you should be OK

Sankop / Cooperatives
We bought on a co-op in late 2005 and so far it's been fine.
This forum will be the first to know if it all goes pear-shaped...!
Mel (and Anne)

akbukcyd

Sankop / Cooperatives
I bought into a co-op and we are not having to pay service charges for at least another year even though we have a huge pool on site. Apparently the co-op have made loads of money selling bits of land and the shareowners are benefitting. Also we have just been told that it has been authorised that all shareholders are to get 15,000 tl.

Ive got no complaints.!

teresa

Free Thinker
Sankop / Cooperatives
We are living on one (mainly Turkish owned) and we are very happy. We bought 5 years ago and we have lived here for nearly 3, no complaints so far.

lynne

Sankop / Cooperatives
The one you are speaking of is San Kop at Hekimkoy Gundogan Bodrum and is pretty well run.
Yes its got a pool (up and running now ready for the season), security gates and security guys on 24/7.Roads pretty good & fencing around the whole site. Own beach (lots of steps).Girl in office speaks pretty good English.
We have renovated several houses on there and done lots of maintenance work.The management take 250 lira from us when we start any work, then when work is completed and they check & no rubbish has been left and everything is tidy the management refund us.
Think its one of the better organised co-ops.
We have a list of property for sale on there, cheap but all need renovating..........which is why they are cheap ! But solid built houses and look great when renovated.
Lynne

rolopolo10

Sankop / Cooperatives
We bought in SanKop 2 years ago and the whole site has come on great since. It looked a bit run down then but not now. We have no complaints buy and enjoy

cjmpiper

Sankop / Cooperatives
We've bought on there now.....in the name of the solicitor at the moment while we're waiting for military clearance. Lynne and her partner Josh are doing some renovation works as we speak. Just before the summer deadline. would be nice to meet up with fellow Sankop owners when we're there......cheers!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom