Votes: 55 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Not bothered.

Votes: 41 26.5%

• Total voters

Martyn

Same sex marriages, agree or not?
With the ban on same sex marriages in California I was wondering what is the opinion on here. Personally I don't like the idea but then I don't like the idea of same sex parents either. What is your opinion? Poll running.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l'll just come straight out with it.lt is a total violation of gods law.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
I'm very much of the 'Live and let live' school of thought and, therefore, don't really mind same-sex marriages. I do, however object to same-sex parents, on the basis that a child needs a balanced perspective while growing up - but, having said that, a lot of children of heterosexual parents don't seem to be doing that well in the upbringing stakes!

One thing I do object to, however, is the exclusion of 'Mixed-sex Partners' from entitlements that are afforded to 'Married Couples' and 'Civil Partners (i.e. same-sex couples)'

mintyk

I can not think why anyone would object to a couple that truely love each other being denied the right to "marry" It is not an easy life being gay, even today there are so many bigots around, why make things even more difficult and deny them the right to be "legal"

We are born from sin I believe. May have gotten that wrong.

Not that I think being gay is a sin.

As the other poster said, live and let live, this is a vile world a lot of the time, allow every one happiness.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I could not care less. What I do care about is the hatred it generates, often wrapped up in religion ("...a violation of God's law." - for goodness sake!!), that is used as a way to persecute people.

Ian

red

What's the problem if two people love and care for each other that's all that matters. I don't understand people who get worked up about same sex relationships. And as for parenting same thing for me if they love and care for a child that is all that matters, as Fendouglas said there are enough hetrosexuals messing up - so many children don't know what 'normal' is.

I don't understand the 'god' perspective at all - always sounds like complete hypocrisy whenever I listen to the reasons why being gay is a so called violation.

tomc1984

Here we go again stirring things up on this forum, I agree with Fendouglas, live and let live, why can't we just accept people for who they are. Homophobia is bad in some places, let's not perpetuate it here. According to Freudian psychology homophobia is a defence mechanism, really saying the opposite of what you believe, so deep down homophobics are really closet gays, please bigots stay in the closet and preferably lock the door!

Martyn

Here we go again stirring things up on this forum, I agree with Fendouglas, live and let live, why can't we just accept people for who they are. Homophobia is bad in some places, let's not perpetuate it here. According to Freudian psychology homophobia is a defence mechanism, really saying the opposite of what you believe, so deep down homophobics are really closet gays, please bigots stay in the closet and preferably lock the door!

It's a discussion

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Once apon a time there was Adam and Eve,not Adam and Steve.

We all have choices in our lives to make.Whether it is the right path to take or not,it is entirely up to that person to choose.
l personally disagree with same sex marriage and also parents of the same sex in bringing up children in that enviourment.
Throughout the world has been a sudden increase in the promotion of same sex relationships.This has nothing to do with being liberated,it has more to do with a promotion of brainwashed literature that will alter our way of life,where the traditional family will be a thing of the past and will be ridiculed.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Right Tom, lets not talk about it. We'll probably end up being oppressed into avoiding the subject eventually anyway.

At least Iv'e learned something already, I'm a closet gay!!

P.S... Are you doing anything later Tom :)

Last edited:

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Once apon a time there was Adam and Eve,not Adam and Steve.

........who were (according to the Old Testament) the first people created by 'God'.............and had 2 sons (Cain and Abel). "Cain slew Abel and went to live in the Land of Nod with the people who dwelt there (where did they come from?)"

If you believe in Fairy Tales then you can take the moral high ground, but if you want to live in today's, 'imperfect', but real, World then you must make allowances for the diversity within the human race.

You only have to open your eyes and look around you to see that all is not necessarily 'normal' in the heterosexual world.....I repeat "LIve & Let Live"

ps: Also when Moses said "Thou shalt not covet thy neigbours ass" he was talking donkeys!:deadhorse

Akasya

Postless Pointer
l'll just come straight out with it.lt is a total violation of gods law.

Bob, i wasn't sure of how i felt on this issue, then i saw your comment , this made me think.

If " God " was so implacably opposed to " homosexuality " , why would his house become synonymous with this practice.

As your " God " is unable or unwilling to keep " his / her " house in order, i can understand why the " Church " is at the forefront of gay rights.

So i will vote yes, thanks.
Steve.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
One thing I can't get my head around is why people who are opposed to this are automatically labelled bigots?

If believing in normality is bigotry I'm guilty as charged and could'nt give a toss what anyone says about that.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Bob, i wasn't sure of how i felt on this issue, then i saw your comment , this made me think.

If " God " was so implacably opposed to " homosexuality " , why would his house become synonymous with this practice.

As your " God " is unable or unwilling to keep " his / her " house in order, i can understand why the " Church " is at the forefront of gay rights.

So i will vote yes, thanks.
Steve.

l will not go down on that debate,since l have mentioned many times who the god is decieving the world of today.lt is man that is unwilling to keep the house in order,and that is why we have been plastered with distorted literature to brainwash into thinking this is right,when in fact it is wrong behaviour and thoughts.
Many will never understand the issues of how we came about with so much wrong thinking plagued in today's society that brings nothing but oppression.
Man's established religions does violate what is stated in the bible.That is why this practice has become accepted,because the mans religion is heavily involved with the political world,which is another violation of what is true.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom