kaplumba

sailing and windsurfing
We have discovered a few good windsurfing spots, Alacati, Teos, Bitez, Datca to name a few. Further south in Olu Deniz it was not windy enough and we haven't ventured any further south than that. My husband has been doing it for many years several times a week right through the year and won't even think about it unless its very windy. He also likes to be in the company of others enjoying the sport, partly from the safety aspect but also to discuss the finer points over a beer later. So where else can we go especially further south from Fethiye. I have to amuse myself with some other activity, usually horizontal or retail therapy, while it's all going on.

1larry3

sailing and windsurfing
I will have to look on the map where these windsurfing places are,as we are in yalikavak on the bodrum Peninsular i've only been to turkey in december and there was no wind then, is it better in the summer ,i also windsurf use to do it in England, but only do it now when on holiday, got my own board sitting in the garage, i might take it to turkey if the wind gets up round the bodrum Peninsular
i know what he means about strong winds
larry

kaplumba

sailing and windsurfing
Thanks Larry. We know a lot of the places north of Datca. Bitez is good on the Bodrum peninsula. They've got schools on the beach there. The bay at Yalikavak can get pretty windy in the summer months. Camel beach is also good.
We are wondering about resorts south of Fethiye. I have never ventured further south from there and would like to. However husband will be like a bear with a sore head if there's no windsurfing oppotunities and a gentle float about is not an option it has to be screaming wind! So I'd like to hear about Kalkan,Antalya etc. The answer is yes to your question the wind is usually at it's strongest in August. Usually in the afternoon.

jasoli

sailing and windsurfing
Does anyone know if it is possible to go sailing or hire a sailing dingy in the Kusadasi area?

PJ1

sailing and windsurfing
Gundogan is the place for wind surfing apparently, a good offshore breaze in the afternoons
paul

Latest Posts

Top Bottom