Saga Airlines Manchester to Bodrum
Has anyone flown with Saga Airlines (code SGX)? We got back from Yalikavak less than 2 days ago and booked last night to go back again in mid May. Flight cost and times looked good. The confirmation invoice has just come through and it appears that the flight time is 5 hours and 35 minutes !!!! They must have very slow planes or we are going via somewhere else. The booking company say it is a direct flight. Can anyone shed any light on this. 4 hours is enough for us on a flight but 5 hours and 35 minutes will be a nightmare.
Thanks

Martyn

I think Pete is right is will be close to 6 hours going and 2 hours coming back because they are local times.

Martyn

We dont think so as the flight is leaving Manchester at 08.15. We have flown before over the change to/from BST but because of the time of the flight this is definately not the case here.

But the take off and landing times will be local times anyway.

Leaving Manchester at 08.15 and arriving in Bodrum at 15.50 is 7 hours and 35 minutes, allowing for the time difference makes it 5 hours and 35 minutes. Dont know why it appears to be taking an extra 1 hour 15 minutes ish.

Martyn

Leaving Manchester at 08.15 and arriving in Bodrum at 15.50 is 7 hours and 35 minutes, allowing for the time difference makes it 5 hours and 35 minutes. Dont know why it appears to be taking an extra 1 hour 15 minutes ish.

Oh I see what you mean, sorry.:eek:hwell:

Mystery solved ! Despite several phone calls and being assured that it was a direct flight they have now decided that it is going via Gatwick to pick up more passengers. Despite it being their error, not having sold it as an indirect flight, they say it is unlikely we can get out of the booking without being charged. So.... give the 17 year old daughter two of her travel pills (that act as sleeping pills) and hope she doesn't notice that we are touching down and taking off again :)

Thanks to you all for your input :)

myrajane

Can I ask how much you paid for your flight and who did you book it through. I looked on their website but just info about the airline, thanks.

stevecarol

Being a saga flight maybe its just very old and cant get about so quickly anymore:kafa:

Can I ask how much you paid for your flight and who did you book it through. I looked on their website but just info about the airline, thanks.

Booked through A1travel.com. They route the flights via Goldtrail/Holidays4u but I prefer to book through them because the price you see is the price you pay (apart from a surcharge for paying by credit card). I object to baggage being added as you get to the end of the booking but they advertise "No hidden costs" and their prices include one piece of hold baggage each. We paid £205 per person but... feel like we are getting a bit more than 7 days for that. Leave Manchester at 08.15 on the 16th and arrive back at 07.40 on the 24th.

JET

Was going to suggest that the time difference was perhaps the result of SAGA using older aircraft ........but glad you got a more sensible reason.

What were their prices like ????????

Was going to suggest that the time difference was perhaps the result of SAGA using older aircraft ........but glad you got a more sensible reason.

What were their prices like ????????

Saga have apparently just bought two new air craft so hopefully they will fly just as fast as all the others :)

As in previous post, we paid £205 per person, flying out with Saga but back direct with Onur Air.

Reactions: JET

mike dj

Goldtrail enough said once flew Bristol to Bodrum via Newcatle just to pick up 10 passengers was only told as we boarded at Bristol. Mike

tomc1984

At least you get a two centre holiday. Enjoy your trip, so jealous, have to wait until end of July to go back. Good to meet you last week.

can any one direct me to the flight information or booking site for SAGA flights to Bodrum from Manchester.
I have searched the net and can not find them
any extra flights to Bodrum must be worth further investigation
Thanks all.

Update - the tickets arrived this morning and would you believe we are now flying both ways with Saga airlines but definately direct on the way home. As someone else said it must only be good news that another airline is now flying Manchester/Bodrum for us "up north". We usually prefer to fly with Onur Airlines because you seem to get more leg room. Let's hope Saga are the same.

Will let you know on our return what Saga are like.

If anyone has flown with them already perhaps they could let us know how they compared with Onur or Thomas Cook.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom