v6cod

Living in Okcular
Sad Story needs a Happy Ending.
This is Yana,

0D8F0104-588F-47BD-8165-EFAE847A3071-2766-000001FB83EC9E23_zpsc3ffa6ec.jpg

she is approximately 12 years old and lived with a german man in Dalyan up until 3 weeks ago when her owner unfortunately died suddenly. She was being kept in the garden of the house but was let out by somebody and has been roaming the streets until yesterday evening when she turned up at our gate injured.

As you can see from the photo she has an injuries to her back leg and we think she may have been hit by a car.

At first we thought it may be broken but we took her to the vet in Gokova and fortunately it was only a dislocation and she has the leg in a splint and also has had 16 stitches in various cuts.

She has a beautiful temperament and really needs a loving home in which she can see out the rest of her days.

As she is an old dog it would not be fair on her to put her into the dog shelter when she has always known a loving home.

If anyone can or knows anyone who can offer this poor dog a loving home to see out whatever time she has left, please get in touch.

sonnyb

What a heartbreaking story and such a beautiful dog. Is she still at the animal hospital? If so I will be going Friday and will have a look at her. Is she a calm dog or excitable? Has she been used to living indoors or in the garden? Does she get on with other dogs?

v6cod

Living in Okcular
What a heartbreaking story and such a beautiful dog. Is she still at the animal hospital? If so I will be going Friday and will have a look at her. Is she a calm dog or excitable? Has she been used to living indoors or in the garden? Does she get on with other dogs?

She is due back at the animal hospital on friday to check her leg and will be there about 11am if that is any good.

At the moment she is being looked after with three other dogs and is fine with them. From what I have seen she is very placid, however i don't know if she is used to indoors or the garden.

Let me know if the time is any good for you.

sonnyb

I am sorry I cant do Friday morning. I know and will contact Kirstie who has posted her on Gokova Animal Rescue for more info on her.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
I am sorry I cant do Friday morning. I know and will contact Kirstie who has posted her on Gokova Animal Rescue for more info on her.

She is in Dalyan at the moment, what time can you do?

janA

Could you take her Sonia?, i am sure she would be good company for Kara

sonnyb

I have spoken to the people that are fostering her and if she hasn't found a permanant home before I come back from the UK in November I have said i will take her on a trial to see how she settles in with my other dog, all the cats here and roaming chickens! It may not be ideal for her here as my garden isn't enclosed either so she would have to choose to stay here with me rather than it will be me choosing her! If she gets a better definate offer before then all well and good for her. It would be lovely if she could settle here as she would have a very comfortable retirement with my other elderly german shepherd Cara. we will have to wait and see. How is she doing healthwise with her injuries v6cod?

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Sorry haven't been online much been in Italy on holiday.

Just spoken to the fosterers she is recovering well and is up and walking about and the really good news is that she is going to her new home this evening. :48:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom