mariaca

Sıkma and gözleme
Does anyone have any recipes for these two?

And if anyone wants to share a recipe for the cheese and potato-filling as well, I`ll be very, very happy :thanks:

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
Sıkma and gözleme
Hi Mariaca.........Just google Gozleme and lots of different sites will come up giving you recipes......Hope this helps..

mariaca

Sıkma and gözleme
Thank you. I found that page as well. I could find a recipe for gözleme, but not for sikma nor the filling...
But if anyone has any recipes they have tried and which they liked, please share :)

Gözleme:
5¼ cups (600 grams) of all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons (15 grams) of salt
2 teaspoons (7 grams) of dry yeast
1 teaspoon (4 grams) of sugar
1¼ (300 grams) of water
½ cup (100 grams) of oil
⅓ cup (65 grams) of butter

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Sıkma and gözleme
Here is a recipe from my favourite site, Binnur's Turkish Cook Book. I haven't tried this one though as my sister-in-law makes wonderful ones, sometimes with pumpkin. We had them last night and they were gorgeous.

This recipe doesn't contain yeast.

Binnur's Turkish Cookbook: Gozleme

Binnur says:

* The name Gozleme originates from the word "eye" (in Turkish goz means eye). When you start to cook it, you will see some little brown round shaped spots on it, which gives Gozleme its name:)

turkishknashers

i'm just a lucky girl
Sıkma and gözleme
i asked the turkish lady that made our pancakes the tradional way for her recipe, she willingly told me it was

flour,
water
and a little salt

i dubiously(as this was how we made paper glue when i was a child!) tried this at home and they were as good as hers in taste although my pan was smaller than my pancake so it folded over abit but it tasted lovely :)

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Sıkma and gözleme
wow i just googled that... seems so similar to a stuffed paratha.... my mum made em yesterday! :D

turkishknashers

i'm just a lucky girl
Sıkma and gözleme
wow i just googled that... seems so similar to a stuffed paratha.... my mum made em yesterday! :D

did you mean my recipe is similalar to paratha recipe or the one written by mariaca ?

i had paratha in a sri lankan dish all cut up with vegetables and spices, it was delicious, do you have the recipe from ur mum and how she cooks it please :)

the parathe recipe i mean, not the dish i just described :)

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Sıkma and gözleme
i had paratha in a sri lankan dish all cut up with vegetables and spices, it was delicious, do you have the recipe from ur mum and how she cooks it please :)

the parathe recipe i mean, not the dish i just described :)
well paratha, is almost like a quick puff pastry! made the cheats method....
u use the same dough that u wud use to make chapati (w/meal flour n water) .... and let it rest a day.... then grab out a bit handfull... roll it into a circle.. then pat on softened buter in chunks...... so what u will have is a big round base with soft small chunks of butter all over it... it doesnt need to be completly covered...
once that is done, starnd from the top and tightly roll it into a saucage (a long one..) Then, get the 'long saucage' and pile it into a swirel... so it looks like a cartoon dog poop ahahah...and once u have this pile of swilker... PRESS it down to a flat then roll it as much as the size of ur tawa allows u.
watch this video to get an idea of the 'swirl' stage...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUTyUjO8mI]how to make a paratha - YouTube[/ame]

ofcourse he does it ridicoulously fast!!!

turkishknashers

i'm just a lucky girl
Sıkma and gözleme
hey thanks for that :) i will try your paratha soon !

my gozleme recipe does not need any butter or yeast like mariacas recipe so is easier and cheaper to make :)

Sıkma and gözleme
theres some great places in the mountains above alanya where they make super gözleme.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y59CZtQ2cKU&feature=related]Gozleme - A Tasty Turkish Treat - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Posts

Top Bottom