Thechefster

Ryanair?
Hi

I read on the internet recently about a Ryanair application, a few years ago, for a license to fly to Dalaman.

Anyone heard any more about this?

villaolivio

villaolivio
Ryanair?
I wish the fly on Dalaman
It would be good if we have some competition.

tickets from holland to turkey are rather expensive now :-(

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ryanair?
Is it worthwhile flying from Germany? There seem to be a couple of low-cost German airlines flying regularly into Dalaman.

kaplumba

Ryanair?
Any idea which ones please? My German friend wants to visit me next year and at the moment can only find flights coming in around 450 euros.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ryanair?
It's a while since I was up at Dalaman but one of them was BerlinAir?? The other was Laudaair, but I've just realised they're Austrian.

Last edited:
Ryanair?
news to me but would love it if they did...did you read that or were you told it... we on coming to Datca were also told flights would be improving via belfast but still waiting...hope for not too much longer though

kaplumba

Ryanair?
Despite the increases I think we are fairly lucky in UK. My recent return flights to Dalaman were 220 pounds and earlier in the year I got one for 80 pounds and another for 180 pounds. All with the dreaded Thomas Cook who have been fine. We are flying with them again in a few weeks and it was under 300 pounds.
A group of European friends wish to join me next year. The Fins are finding flights are 650 euros, Germans and Italians around 450- 550 euros. They are even thinking of getting a cheap Ryan air flight to UK and flying to Dalaman with me from UK.

Ryanair?
I wish the fly on Dalaman
It would be good if we have some competition.

tickets from holland to turkey are rather expensive now :-(

Hi,

We're flying with Pegasus from Schiphol in August for 216 Euros return per person. We came in June with Transavia, returned with Corendon and the cost was 230 Euros. Friends of ours booked up with Pegasus for different dates and got it for 198 Euros each a return. I think this is OK, considering what others pay.

johnfella

Ryanair?
Hi All
Just after booking a flight from Northern Ireland to Scotland with Ryanair , the amount of information you have to fill in is scandalous . The whole point I think is that the more info you have to fill in , the more likely you are of making a mistake , then they charge £100 for rectifying mistake . NEVER AGAIN RYANAIR !!!!!!!

Thechefster

Ryanair?
I read about application on a website called 'GoFethiye', some sort of forum. The thread was dated 2006 though, so I was just wondering if had there been any developments.

The flights are currently not that expensive if you book at right time but it would be nice to have a few more options, especially the days on which you can travel.

Last edited:
Ryanair?
booked flights to datca for end of march but travelling via mainland as very expensive from Belfast...Goldtrail wanted 491 per person.... was able to get both of us booked for less than that with flythomascook via Gatwick.

Summer flights however booked this year with aegean and much more reasonable..though they do get pricey nearer to the travel dates.

Just thought i'd pop this on for the norn iron folk thinkin of booking flights soon

Thechefster

Ryanair?
Hello again Emerald lady,

I also booked flythomascook; flights in April for £160 return, direct from Belfast. Also, booked flights for August; £250 return, again direct from Belfast.

If I get transfer to Marmaris, is it then easy to find Dolmus or Bus to Datca? I might try doing it without a car.

Also, reference Goldtrail, I'm having trouble with how there webpage displays, did you encounter this? Or is it just my rubbish, laptop software?

Thanks and bye for now

kaplumba

Ryanair?
Hi thechefster. There are buses more or less hourly from Marmaris but they don't run through the night and I know of someone who turned up for the first one in the morning and found the driver asleep and refusing to leave until later. Sometimes we take a bus to Marmaris and then pick up a hire car there.

Thechefster

Ryanair?
Hi Kaplumba,

I did think about that, as I'm arriving just after midnight and don't fancy a drive over the mountains in the dark. I thought about staying the night in Marmaris and then hiring a car from there, any suggestions, reference car-hire or hotel?

CJD

Ryanair?
would'nt it be easier to stay in dalaman the night then
pick up a hire car from Dalaman the next morning??

kaplumba

Ryanair?
We use marmaris-transfers.com for car hire and have always been happy with both price and condition of cars. We also use their transfers, sometimes all the way to Datca and other times to Marmaris and then pick up the car. We have often driven over the mountains at night and it is fine. Friends of ours have a snooze in the car and then set of as it is just getting light. We have a strong coffee in the car hire office. You do however need to watch out for donkeys or horses on the road. A Turkish friend had quite a nasty accident last year as he was approaching Datca. He said farmers let their horses loose when they get too old to work and one of them galloped into the road in front of him. We have often seen them but thankfully haven't hit one.

PS I just thought thechefster, we are going in April so if you happen to be on the same flight you can share our transfer. Also I am in Datca for a month in August and have loads of people coming and going during that time so if your flights are the same time you could share any of those.

Last edited:

Thechefster

Ryanair?
Hi Carol,

That's another option, thanks for that.
I'm just thinking that the transfer to Marmaris is quite cheap and would cut out the biggest part of the drive.

Thechefster

Ryanair?
Hi Kaplumba

A lot of food for thought there. Thanks a lot.

I think my flight is in just after midnight on 16th April. I would be delighted to share a transfer if it was possible.

We're bringing a lot of family out in August (12 of us, I think), So we're not sure what transfers to use. I'll look up Marmaris-transfers.com.

Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom