civciv

Ryanair new charge.. £5 to print your ticket
Read this on the Travel Trade Gazette today.. This is one airline I hope I never have to travel with!

Ryanair starts £5 online check-in
Monday, May 18, 2009
Lee Hayhurst

Ryanair is to start charging £5 for online check-in from Wednesday. The airline is telling customers to print their own boarding cards and advising those without computers or a printer to ask a friend or use public facilities.

The no-frills carrier expects to have done away with airport checking-in altogether by October.

Ryanair said the new £5 charge was lower than the £10 it currently charges for checking in at the airport, so will mean a cost saving for some.

The airline will also charge customers who turn up at the airport without a boarding pass £40, as it looks to encourage people to use online checking in.

Ryanair said the £5 online charge would help pay for the cost of updates to its website ordered by the European Commission which is cracking down on misleading prices.

The commission has moved to crack down on promotional headline prices that turn out to be a fraction of the final price once taxes and other costs are added.

kaplumba

I use Ryanair often and really like them. Book at the right time and travel with hand luggage only and they are really cheap. The planes are clean, staff polite and they are well known for being on time. I have recently had flights to Milan and Barcelona for £30 return. If this now goes up to £40 it's still pretty good for an efficient service.

PASH

I agree, have used Ryan air a few times, do not understand why people get their knickers in a twist, when the value of the service is second to none - compare Ryan Air to Onur Air, there is just no comparison. Most people book online now in anycase, i do asyjet bookings for my aged mother all the time and print the boarding passes online (albeit, for free) its easy and saves you queueing.

I use Ryanair often and really like them. Book at the right time and travel with hand luggage only and they are really cheap. The planes are clean, staff polite and they are well known for being on time. I have recently had flights to Milan and Barcelona for £30 return. If this now goes up to £40 it's still pretty good for an efficient service.
Exactly, air travellers cant have it all ways. If the price of the ticket is just a few quid then even with the fiver added its still cheap. I travelled with them a few times and they were always great service. Maybe they will start flying to Turkey, just like easyjet did. Its all to do with how many flights they need the aircraft to do in a 24hr period to be profitable. The industry always said a 4hr journey was on the borderline of profitability because with turnround added they could only get four flights a day out of a plane but any additional carriers to Turkey would be a bonus - any maybe increase competition in fares.

ZiaCa'

I've flown many times with Ryannair to many destinations, particularly France and Italy. Maybe I've just been unlucky but anyone I've travelled with agreed, that their staff is just unfriendly and rude.
After being diverted on a flight (Milan to Stansted), into Manchester due to heavy snow, in January this year, we were promised coaches to take us back to London and all we had to do was report to the information desk and we would be given advice on our transfer (this at about 3am after sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 2 hours!). When we got into the Terminal there was not ONE single Ryannair person to be seen and the information was that the first train would leave a couple of hours later at the cost of £125 o/w!
Since then I've decided not to use them.

Martyn

I flew with them last year to Shannon with my mother in law and wheelchair and they were brilliant.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom