paddye17

Rust Remover
Hi, anyone know if it's possible to buy rust remover in Turkey (I'm in Bodrum) and if so what is it called? Have tried Kostas and a few other shops without luck.

Cheers,

Paddy

Rust Remover
I certainly used Boric on my boat. Cleans rust from glass-fibre and also cleans teak.
By the way, I last bought the product in Bodrum, in the road one back from the harbour front; that was 1988 though!

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Rust Remover
KKOB you are a mine of info, can any one tell if I am able to get heat resistant paint anywhere, I want to paint my brown chimney in the house, matt black, I found a tin of Hamerite spray paint in Homebase back in the UK but was reluctant to bring it back with me in the case.

zozatky

Rust Remover
I certainly used Boric on my boat. Cleans rust from glass-fibre and also cleans teak.
By the way, I last bought the product in Bodrum, in the road one back from the harbour front; that was 1988 though!

Wow I didn't know Glass fibre Rusted!!!!

KKOB you are a mine of info, can any one tell if I am able to get heat resistant paint anywhere, I want to paint my brown chimney in the house, matt black, I found a tin of Hamerite spray paint in Homebase back in the UK but was reluctant to bring it back with me in the case.

You can get Hamerite paint in most Yapis gloss or mat finish that's heat resistant

Last edited by a moderator:
Rust Remover
APOLOGIES!
Let me explain...There are two essential acids to have on a yacht, one is for Rust Stains and the other is for cockroaches. A couple of my memory cells just kicked in. The two acids are FOLIC and BORIC and I now think that FOLIC is the rust one! Sorry again.

Oxalic for rust stains
Boric to kill 'Roaches

See post below.

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Rust Remover
:dooh: Blimey! Old people eh ? :lol:

Dwight, Folic Acid / Folik Asit is a Vitamin.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Rust Remover
Hi, anyone know if it's possible to buy rust remover in Turkey (I'm in Bodrum) and if so what is it called? Have tried Kostas and a few other shops without luck.

Cheers,

Paddy

Hi Paddy, have you tried the DIY shop in Yalikavak, as you head from the bus station towards Geris Alti, directly on the right hand side on the next corner is a really good DIY shop, we go there now for all our paints etc, I'll bet he has Rust Remover in called pas çıkarıcı. (I hope this is the right words). Good Luck.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom