Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
The Times reports today that Macron and Orban are pushing for an EU army.

But will Ukraine be allowed to join ?

Camden

Russia

The Dodik Problem – Civil War in the Balkans Looms Large

“The place is a powder keg,” a well-respected international diplomat with vast experience in the Balkans told me during our latest meeting. “And Dodik is close to lighting the fuse.” With the diplomat having just spent a few weeks in and around Bosnia and Herzegovina, I trusted the assessment. And the assessment about Milorad Dodik, the populist politician currently serving as the 7th Serb member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, seemed spot on.

Dodik recently threatened to stop cooperating with the Bosnian state institutions, and to raise his own Army of Republika Srpska. Such a move would destroy what little unity there is, creating a divisive military marching under Dodik’s very own banner. It’s hard to not see this as anything but a dangerous precursor to a new civil war.

Should Dodik choose to carry out his threats to destroy the tragically flawed Dayton accords, and set Republika Srpska on the path to secede from BiH, Russia’s next moves are fairly predictable.

Thousands of “little green men” would deploy from the asymmetrical hybrid warfare unit the Russian military intelligence directorate has created, commonly known as Wagner. A few fighter-bombers dispatched from Republika Srpska would dare NATO to do anything about it.

At the same time, Russia could incentivize Serbian President Aleksander Vucic to engage the heavy weaponry of the JA (Yugoslav Army) with the promise of regaining Kosovo as an integral part of Serbia. In this way, he could neutralize Bosniak leaders whose remaining Bosnian Army would have no chance of ensuring the continued integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Interesting reading

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
Ukraine Business News.png

German Economy Minister calls Nord Stream 2 geopolitical mistake.
The question remains whether the Russian gas pipeline will be put into operation. “Except for Germany and Austria, all European countries have always been against it.
Now the gas pipeline has been built, the question of whether it will be put into operation remains open. This issue should be resolved from the standpoint of European and national law," said. Habek.
He also commented on the threat of Russia's military invasion of Ukraine and stressed that “any further aggression should not remain without harsh consequences".

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
Japan Times.png

Putin’s Ukraine saber-rattling and a last gasp.

The Russian leader may believe a successful war is what is needed to save his falling approval numbers...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
Atlantic Council.jpg

A Russian invasion of Ukraine could be Vladimir Putin’s downfall

Russian court accidentally delivers guilty verdict on Putin’s Ukraine war

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
Withdraw Troops from Poland - Putin's latest demand

"Should Russia’s demands be accepted, it would be the end of NATO, warns a Polish expert"

Methinks a bridge too far.

Kanga

Russia
Putin's having a health meltdown. Why does he think children aged 6+ need tests for STDs? How do you explain that to a child?
As for TB they have 40 x more cases of TB in Russia than the EU.

429nufc

Russia
I m beginning to believe that after every General Election the winner should b barred from office on the grounds of unsuitability
I give you Putin, Trump, Bolsonaro, Boris, Macron and Orban. You live in hope that Putin is not as wayward as he seems

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
Metro.gif

Russian politicians mock Boris and threaten nuclear attack on London

News.gif

Here’s what would happen if a nuclear bomb was dropped on London in event of WW3

...................................................... scared.gif

Saoirse

Russia
It's been estimated that if a nuclear bomb was dropped on Belfast the damage could easily run to several hundred pounds

Update just after reading the first of Jayceys articles and it appears Ireland is to be spared

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
If Ukraine had kept its nuclear weapons I wonder if things would be different now?
I suspect very different - that's what comes of trusting Putin's promises.

BTW I'd better be more circumspect in posting on this thread lest it's being monitored in Moscow and the worst case scenario comes to pass.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Russia
The Week.jpg

‘Dirty money’ blunts Russia sanctions

US officials fear that they will be unable to impose effective sanctions on Vladimir Putin if Russia invades Ukraine because of the volume of “dirty money” in London.
Diplomatic sources told The Times that US State Department officials had expressed “dismay and frustration” at the British government’s failure to tackle the problem.
“The fear is that Russian money is so entrenched in London now that the opportunity to use it as leverage against Putin could be lost,” a source in Washington said.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom