maggie

Rude people.
I have just returned from the meeting at Akbuk today at the vets regarding the proposed animal shelter.

I just cannot believe how rude some people where talking all over anything constructive that was discussed.Yasar was trying to explain how possibly funds could be raised to get this shelter up and running throughout the meeting certain people would not be quiet and listen it was disgusting.

This man is trying to help us solve the problems in Akbuk and comming up with all ways that this could be done.

For those genuine people that were there wanting to offer their support I would like to thank you for the others I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Hugs Maggie xxx

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Rude people.
I think those people only pretend to care .. So they can stop any shelter planned incase the animals make a noise ect ...More a case of not in my backyard ,,Yes They Should be ashamed ..If they can't listen and say something constructive they should stay at home ...Diane

Saoirse

Rude people.
tess at least Belfast people know how to behave themselves.......not!

I cringed when I watched the Xmas tree lights antics

Saoirse

Rude people.
god no

Bumpkins and big city slickers just dont mix!

I wouldnt know anything about growing sheep or milking hens

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Rude people.
I have just returned from the meeting at Akbuk today at the vets regarding the proposed animal shelter.

I just cannot believe how rude some people where talking all over anything constructive that was discussed.Yasar was trying to explain how possibly funds could be raised to get this shelter up and running throughout the meeting certain people would not be quiet and listen it was disgusting.

This man is trying to help us solve the problems in Akbuk and comming up with all ways that this could be done.

For those genuine people that were there wanting to offer their support I would like to thank you for the others I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Hugs Maggie xxx

I totally agree Maggie, it was really annoying that one particular person would not even let Yaser finish what he was trying to say and spoke out very aggressively. However, I do not think the article in Voices actually helped. It said that 'Gill said the new shelter will mainly fund itself once it is up and running as private boarding will be available as well as pedigree puppies being bred for sale' making it sound like breeding puppies was to be a forgone conclusion. This I understand is not the case and is merely a suggested way of making the cash needed to run the shelter on a self-supporting basis. I am also not sure if I heard right, but did he say 250 kennels? That will mean a lot of staff!

Yaser's plan is very ambitious and I personally think that starting on a smaller scale to get things up and running might be more advantageous (and cheaper!) with a build-on later if thought necessary? I have to admit, I do wonder where Akbuk Belediye will get 70,000TL (approx £30,000) from to build the proposed shelter? It is certainly going to be tough to raise the 10-15,000TL (approx £4-6,000) they want the volunteers to bring to the table to get it started.

Yaser is keen to get a registered charity set up as you get more 'clout' as a charity. Also, the charity accounts will show that cash paid to the Belediye from the charity may only be used for the purpose of the animal shelter and not side-lined elsewhere! It is worth being reminded that only Turks or foreigners with residence permits make join a Turkish charity.

The rules and regulations of what you can and can't do and the involvement of the Polis in virtually anything you wish to do to raise money makes running a Turkish charity a bit of a nightmare. However, Didim shelter volunteers/fund raisers have found ways round being able to make collections etc without requiring Polis permission, so we will be able to help in pointing Akbuk folk in the right direction.

(You may be interested to know that WIT have now given up their charitable status as there is simply is too much red tape and the penalties of getting things wrong were thought to be too high to be acceptable.)

I totally missed some of what Gill was saying as the person next to me was holding her own conversation with 2 other people during that time! :help:

Hopefully, at the next meeting (which is to be held on 9th December at 11am), the proposed plan can be looked at in greater detail (maybe put up on a board?) and questions and personal opinions should be banned until Selma and Yaser have at least had their say!!!!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Rude people.
Sounds like a right free for all . I think the idea of banning questions untill after a disscusion is 100% correct . And a warning at the start should be issued. Rudeness will result in you being asked to leave ,, How can anyone organise anything with people talking through a meeting . Not paying attention . If there was a vote they wouldn't know what thier voteing for . Stupid People , I am sorry but i don't agree with the puppy breeding idea . 1st it would create more unwanted dogs . " price dosen't put people off dumping them "2nd you must know what your doing . the pedigrees must marry up for a good breed line . ie no inherited complaints . good temprement , well ballanced pups . And a bitch should not be bred from untill over at least 2 years i prefer 3 . A friends corgi had 6 pups by c section 2 were born dead 2 died soon after . and 1 had fadeing puppy syndrome . and also died . 1 lived . The op and care cost £1,475 . In such circumstances were would be the profit in that ???? . A good breeder sits with the bitch by the whelping box and its useualy all night . any way i've said my bit . But not to rude i hope . Anyway Good Luck with it all I pray its a success .....Diane

Last edited:

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Rude people.
I agree with you Diane. Pedigree dog breeding is not as uncomplicated as it sounds and you are also so right when you say 'price doesn't stop people dumping them'. We have had numerous pedigree dogs at our shelter in Didim.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom