Rough collie needs good home
Hi every one in Dalyan, for those who knows me (Sue from Eurodive) I am desperate for a home for my lovely 8 year old collie, she needs some one to love and want her. I also have 3 cats that need good homes. I cant get them back to England.
I have returned to the U.K. because my partner kicked me out of the business, so no income. please help !

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Sorry to hear about your news, wish I could help but not over permanently (yet) good luck with finding a home and for you in the future.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
It may prove difficult to find a home for an older large dog....I wish you luck as I have had that breed before and they are wonderful.

Biker Bob

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Can't you put her UK quarantine on a credit card and pay it back little by little each month? and as for the poor cats.......

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Please try to take your dog to UK - I know it is expensive but for an 8 year old dog to be rehomed will break her heart - if you love her that much surely you could take her - as Valian said do it little by little on credit card.
Many of you know I have to leave my beloved dogs for 3 months in winter time and that upsets me - I could NEVER leave them if I was going back for good - I would do anything to get them back.
As for the cats -- well I love cats but they are not so dependent and I am sure would soon latch on to someone else -- But it is SO sad -- Good luck !

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Sorry to hear of your news.

Hope you can work something out it will be heartbreaking for a dog of that age to loose it owner that it depends on.

Richnkim

I wish i could , but no job here and each animal will cost 3000 pound to get back.
I might have to come back and look for a job for next year, as cant stand leaving them there. " So can any one give me a job for next year." ?????

RustyDalyan

Hi Sue, I'm really sorry to hear about your problems. It's natural to respond emotionally to the idea of rehoming a dog with whom you have obviously established a very close relationship, but please don't feel guilty about needing to rehome her. I'm an animal behaviour consultant and I can professionally say that, whilst dogs do form very close attachments to the people they live with, they can and do re-attach successfully to new families. In my opinion it would be a better outcome for the dog to be rehomed to a good home in Turkey; a flight in a loud aeroplane hold can be extremely frightening, and this together with 6 months quarantine (separated from you just as she would be if you rehomed her, in kennels which are never the first choice of environment for a dog) would be a very stressful experience to put an older dog through. Good luck.

thats so sad, my friends daughter took her dog home the begining off the year costs all in 2500 pound not cheap. hope you find them a good home.

Gail

Good luck I hope you manage to re-home. I would never judge someone for having to re-home their animals as we don't always know the circumstances!! I have re-homed 2 dogs and they settled into our home in the first day and that is the honest truth, one of the previous owners came to see one of them and he (the dog) greeted him in exactly the smae way he treats everyone who comes to our house, so if you do find a new home your worries are over. Good luck again x

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Hi Sue, I'm really sorry to hear about your problems. It's natural to respond emotionally to the idea of rehoming a dog with whom you have obviously established a very close relationship, but please don't feel guilty about needing to rehome her. I'm an animal behaviour consultant and I can professionally say that, whilst dogs do form very close attachments to the people they live with, they can and do re-attach successfully to new families. In my opinion it would be a better outcome for the dog to be rehomed to a good home in Turkey; a flight in a loud aeroplane hold can be extremely frightening, and this together with 6 months quarantine (separated from you just as she would be if you rehomed her, in kennels which are never the first choice of environment for a dog) would be a very stressful experience to put an older dog through. Good luck.

How does one become an animal behavior consultant?

Biker Bob

RustyDalyan

Biker Bob, one studies learning theory (a branch of psychology - classical conditioning and Pavlov's dog are what most people have heard of in this respect), ethology (the natural behavioural repertoire of a species) and neurophysiology, particularly with respect to stress responses and different types of reinforcement (punishment - self-explanatory; negative reinforcement - remove an aversive stimulus in order to elicit the desired behavioural response; positive reinforcement - reward the desired behaviour). One then sits exams, and conducts case studies with animals who are perceived by their owners to have behavioural problems. After discussing the animal's history and current problem with the owner one prepares a behaviour modification programme which the owner carries out, supported by one.

Hope that helps!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
A Consultant - Someone who takes your watch from you, tells you the time and then tries to sell the watch back to you. Anon

I ran my own consultancy for 2 years. A great business to be in.

Gin&Tonic

I'm not a "professional" but have owned dogs for many years and yes what you say has some truth in it, but it certainly doesnt apply to all breeds. I've owned several Bernese and they are extremely difficult to re-home. Having said that, Collies are fairly easy to re-home, they very soon attach themselves to another owner.

Top Bottom