mintyk

Room humidifiers.
I know this is not Altinkum related, but don't know where else to post it.
I have been using the air con in my bedroom and since I have my mouth has been really sore and dry. Not stopped me talking. I have read on the net that it could be dehydration,, I do drink loads of water and eat water retaining food, so I do think it's the air con. I also read a room humidifier might help, any thoughts about these appreaciated. Does anyone know where I might get a cheapy one in Altinkum? Does anyone think it would help,, I am sick of my tongue sticking to my cheek,,, not tongue oin cheek,,,

Guz1

Room humidifiers.
You say you drink lots of water, so it could be a symptom of something other than dehydration.....maybe a vitamin or mineral deficiency......even diabetes. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

pebble

Room humidifiers.
What maria says makes sense, but in the meantime, just keep hydrated, and keep a bowl of water in the room..........you're obviously breathing thru your mouth when you sleep/........

Ian

Room humidifiers.
I know this is not Altinkum related, but don't know where else to post it.
I have been using the air con in my bedroom and since I have my mouth has been really sore and dry. Not stopped me talking. I have read on the net that it could be dehydration,, I do drink loads of water and eat water retaining food, so I do think it's the air con. I also read a room humidifier might help, any thoughts about these appreaciated. Does anyone know where I might get a cheapy one in Altinkum? Does anyone think it would help,, I am sick of my tongue sticking to my cheek,,, not tongue oin cheek,,,

A humidifier should be in built with your A/C most are, you should not need it though as all a humidifier does is to take damp air/ condensation out of the room and since it's summer you should not have this problem !!!, the A/C will leave you with a sore throat etc it's very very common, best thing to do is to leave a damp towel out or fill a glass of water and leave it in your room, see how much water disappears in just a few days !!!.

Harem

I've cliqued
Room humidifiers.
as all a humidifier does is to take damp air/ condensation out of the room

No, Ian, it is a dehumidifier that takes the moisture out. A humidifier would put the moisture in and all you need to do for that is to keep a bowl of water in the room.

Ian

Room humidifiers.
as all a humidifier does is to take damp air/ condensation out of the room

No, Ian, it is a dehumidifier that takes the moisture out. A humidifier would put the moisture in and all you need to do for that is to keep a bowl of water in the room.
I stand corrected !!.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Room humidifiers.
Try boiling a kettle in the room a couple of times. It's the same principle. It's just putting moisture into the atmosphere.

We've found that those electronic insect repellants tend to give us dry, sore throats, so if you're using one it might be worth turning it off.

mintyk

Room humidifiers.
Thanks for that folks. I did see the doc in UK earlier this year I was worried about diabetes. No probs there. I know I sleep with my mouth open and I do have sinus problems and I do snore,,,, badly,, so I am told,,lol. It is just this last few weeks I have had this particular problem and since I have had the air con on. I have water in the room as I take a glass full to bed everynight. I still think it is lack of moisture as during the day I dont have the same trouble, my throat is also dry when I wake. I just hate the thought of not using the air con now I have it.

Harem

I've cliqued
Room humidifiers.
It is not good to sleep with the air conditioning on. (Can't remember why - except that when we did that once I lost my voice!!!!!!!!!!!)

mintyk

Room humidifiers.
Hmm,, looks like it is that then, wonder why best not to leave it on, why have it? I have tried the fan but that just whirls the warm air round. Still the price we pay for living in Turkey eh? It's worth it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom