Guz1

Rock Concerts/Festivals
Thought some Rock fans might be interested in this article in the Turkish Daily News. It gives dates and venues for Rock festivals and concerts in Istanbul this summer. Some bigs names there for anyone who fancies a break from the beach.

Here's a link to the article http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=106626

Sorry, Moderators, if this is posted in the wrong place.

GnD

Rock Concerts/Festivals
cheers Maria

I only learned recently Turkey's rock sence is so popular. Suits us down to the ground. Shame its too far to drive in a day.

Oh well none I want to see so dont feel so bad. Scorpians played last year - then I would be upset.

Last edited:

Guz1

Rock Concerts/Festivals
Probably a little late for booking this year, but it might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for next year, especially for anyone travelling via Istanbul. Maybe combine a concert with a short city break.

Shows how old I am when the only name I recognised was Jethro Tull.

SAMIMI

Rock Concerts/Festivals
Hi Maria, now that you mention music and festivals, I was wondering about classical musical concerts and also traditional turkish music (not the bellydancing) just the music. Is the Bodrum Observer the best place to find out about events? We will be in Turkey again in September. Now that our paperwork is eventually finalized, we want to relax with some evening concerts. Is there anything happening in the Bodrum area which we could book in advance for?

Guz1

Rock Concerts/Festivals
Don't know about Bodrum, Samimi. Our place in Turkey is in Guzelcamli. The Turkish Daily News seems to be a national newspaper, so maybe you could keep an eye on that. They had an article about a festival of traditional Greek & Turkish music that's taking place in Kusadasi tomoroow. I think there are a few English language papers covering Bodrum, Voices being one of them. Other members should be able to give you more details.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom