Zoe

roadworks, street lighting, flooding etc.
Hi All,
Glad to have joined to be able to discuss different things that might crop up anytime. Have recently bought an apartment with my partner in altinkum near to third beach, haven't moved in yet, still unfurnished.Recently it was brought to my attention that flooding during winter months can occur & that drains etc. can't cope. Is this quite a problem & does it cause damage to property? Concerned. Zoe'.

Sylvia

Zoe
we purchased a duplex last May out at third beach, we have paid our estate agent to look after it from Nov to May they check on it regularly and do a clean before we arrive, as you are aware when it rains in turkey it rains, so far no message to say we have any probs at the duplex. Where abouts is your apartment

Zoe

Sylvia
Thanks for info, apartment is next to sultan hotel.

Sylvia

Our duplex is next to the Sultan, which one of the three blocks are you in?

Zoe

Sylvia,

We're in the Kerim block (mosiac flowers down the side) Nearest to the concrete building that's being pulled down.

Sylvia

Zoe
we are in the Camlik, the new build in the middle of yours and ours is due to be finished May this year, friends of ours are going out 24 Feb to look at buying one of the duplexs. We looked at buying in your block last May, is the concrete block being pulled down, we where told that the new hotel was going to be doing something with it!!!

Zoe

Sylvia
Wow! That was quick, we were there in september & told no more building for a year, but did think, SPACE that'll soon be filled. Recarding concrete block, we heard it didn't meet regs for earthquake specifications.Whatever. Any reason why you didn't buy in Kerim block?
I suppose tennis courts would be nice on concrete block, my partner's laughing saying it's probably going to be a nightclub open to 5pm in the morning. Have to get earplugs. Don't suppose you've heard any whispers? Zoe'.

Sylvia

Zoe
no reason for not buying in your block, it was just the fact that the one we brought had a roof terrace of 54' x 14'
The concrete block has been up for about 10 years, but like you, you hear so many different stories, i do hope they demolish it.
When are you next out there? Sylv.

steve

hiya to sylvia and zoe, we are in the kerim block and some friends have sent us some photos of the new build inbetween our block and the camlik. the builders have certainly "filled the gap" and the land opposite the sultan is totally filled now. if you give me your e mail addresses i will send the photos to you both to have a look at.
we are over in may ourselves so obviously we will get a better idea of the near completed look.
regards steve.

Trevor

We will be round the corner from you lot in May, we are staying in our rental in the Peyda - we often ramble around the corner - shall we just yell your names out if we want a cuppa?

steve

hi zoe, check your e mail, i have sent the photo's for you.

regards,

steve.

Sylvia

Steve
Thanks for photos, what a shock, never realised they where going to be that big and so close, do you have any photo's of our side, we overlook the fields from roof terrace and the new villa's from balcany at side of lounge, the other balcany from one of the bedrooms will now be over looking the new build so will not be using that one much. We got the plans for area last year from mun, council.

Zoe

Thanks Steve, my god what a shock! No one prepared us for that, we are on the other corner opposite concrete block, with roads around us. ( At the moment) Don't suppose there's any photos by there? Our friends have got appartment other side in our block, looks like their bedroom balcony is right near to new build, they'll be fuming & rightly so. They'll be out there 15th May for one week. Ian & June. Were're out 2nd May for 1 week, furnishing. Really pleased saw the photo's, would have been real shock pulling up in taxi & seeing that for first time, beings we were told no building for a year at least. Suppose the best way to think about it is at least they can't take the beach & sea away? Hopefully it's still only a 5 minute walk away. Thanks again. Zoe'.

well not sure if u know the building regs but they can build as close to 3m from each buildings main wall excluding balcony, so if each balcony is 1.5m this can leave only 3m between balconies and can sometimes be closer as they pinch a tile width all around as well.

steve

thanks speedy i was not aware of that.
sylvia and zoe, as soon as i receive any more photos i will send them to you and if anybody else wants to see them i will post them via e mail or on here with the consent of the administrator.

regards

steve

steve

zoe and sylvia ... we will be going out on the 9th may for a week, flights already booked. i think we will have to see just what an imact this new build has had upon us and if required we may have to sell and buy somewhere alse thats not too built around. as you can see our apartment is at the bottom on the ground floor af the kerim and is right next to the new block. heeeeeeelp !!! lol

steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom