Lynn2

lynn2
Road to temple has been closed down.
I think the road through the temple area does need to closed [ you can have gates which fire brigade/ambulance whatever emergency services need toget there can have keys as in UK] The fabric of the temple is being destroyed & the area needs conservation work/restoration to make it a lovely pedestrianised spot. It's a wonder there haven't been any really bad accidents there, it's far too narrow for big vehicles & many cars travel through the village at speed. There is an alternative road & thats the one that forks left just past Engils shop, this takes traffic down to the roundabout by the Akbuk turn off & council offices. Coaches from the otogar usually take this route.

As for the Marina Road not being finished, I don't know the exact reason but apart from any "finds" there have been most of it is unfinished, more a lack of money I would say.

So what will happen with the dolmus from Altinkum to Maveshir???? This normally took me to the top of Ataturk Bulvari, where my apartment is!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there an alternative route to this area?

Mary.

Lynn2

lynn2
I think they must be turning round just before the roads blocked [right up the top] & then doing detour round the back to get back onto Mavisehir Road, thats what was said last year but the Marina Road was supposed to be finished before it was all blocked off !! usual thing, 11 years after original decision.

Hi Lynn2,
My apartment is in Lifestyle Residence, beside Apollo1and 2.
So I should be able to get the dolmus this far up then???

Mary.

Lynn2

lynn2
Well from what was said last year, yes. Mr Kamaci was pushing for the restoration project then but this was before the problems with the Marina Road.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Is it still possible to visit the Temple as a tourist ? Where does one park ?

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
One of our offices is directly overlooking the Temple so I can tell you that the road is only closed for the part that immediately is next to the ruins. It is a tiny part of the road but will ensure that you have to go the long way round, avoiding the Temple.

There is a car park that should be used for visitors to the temple and that is just past the restaurants on the left.

The so called "Marina Road" needs finishing and quick.

sunshine

Hi,this might sound a siily question,will you still beable to walk to the temple,shops,resturants etc by foot or will you still have to go all the way around the houses,as my apartment is just down the road from the temple and often walked up that road.
Thanks.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
It has been closed to traffic only. it is now pedestrianised which in the long term is good news all round for the Apollon Temple & visitors. Once the roads surronding it are done properly it will be less of an inconvenience for drivers.

pavschick

pavschick
Taking some american friends there next week so I will drive towards the temple and park before it then walk the rest of the way????

puwer98

I drove through it yesterday, as do the Turks, there were loads of cars parked there. I suppose to is open for access

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Yes, for access. You got through because you only have a scooter.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom