Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Road through Yalikavak
The road from Migros in Gokcebel up to the Garanti bank down to past the Aygaz shop is now a mass of mud with the new water pipes being laid. Also the same from the bus station up to the Cimentepe turning and on to Gerisalti is the same. Please drive with care in these areas.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Road through Yalikavak
They tried to sell me some of the good soil from under the road a couple of weeks ago !
pretty messy then and that was before the rain

martin

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Road through Yalikavak
You think that is a mess, the road from Torba Crossroads towards Yalikavak is being dug up for the water pipes and runs right passed us, the car is constantly deep orange colour instead of silver, the potholes that first appeared and were filled in have now reappeared. I think when all is done including the crossroads it will be fantastic, I take my hat off to the men working the JCBs right on the edge of the cliff - it just scares me to see them.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Road through Yalikavak
You think that is a mess, the road from Torba Crossroads towards Yalikavak is being dug up for the water pipes and runs right passed us, the car is constantly deep orange colour instead of silver, the potholes that first appeared and were filled in have now reappeared. I think when all is done including the crossroads it will be fantastic, I take my hat off to the men working the JCBs right on the edge of the cliff - it just scares me to see them.

Yes seen that, real mess.
It would,nt be so bad if they got on with it instead of leaving it for days with no activity. Lack of organisation methinks.

bayjan

Road through Yalikavak
Yes drive carefully and give a thought to pedestrians! I usually drive in from Geriş but walked with the dog this morning, one part of the road is very narrow only wide enough for 1 car to pass through, as I walked through this space a woman driver pulled her car up right behind me and blew her horn for me to move.Where did she want me to go I wondered? maybe up the pile of chippings that was by the side of me, if you read this madam I remember your face and your car!!!!!

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Road through Yalikavak
Same here along the main road into Datca before Migros!

What a mess:dooh:

DtB

Road through Yalikavak
Yep................. It strikes me the roads in and around Yali spend mmore of their time dug up than not.
Today, market day in Yali, I drove from Gumusluk. Got halfway to Yali only to find the road completely blocked as an excavator was digging the trench and a lorry was being loaded up with the gunge out of the trench. After 1/2hrs wait, off we went again and the rest of the way was mud and slime, with, as someone else has already said, large potholes under the puddles.

The whole of the centre is also up to your knees in muck so I think I'll give the market a wide berth for the next few weeks, possibly, months...........
:10:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Road through Yalikavak
Yep................. It strikes me the roads in and around Yali spend mmore of their time dug up than not.
Today, market day in Yali, I drove from Gumusluk. Got halfway to Yali only to find the road completely blocked as an excavator was digging the trench and a lorry was being loaded up with the gunge out of the trench. After 1/2hrs wait, off we went again and the rest of the way was mud and slime, with, as someone else has already said, large potholes under the puddles.

The whole of the centre is also up to your knees in muck so I think I'll give the market a wide berth for the next few weeks, possibly, months...........
:10:

Worse than ever today. Yep, giving the market a miss tomorrow is a good idea.

jeff

bayview
Road through Yalikavak
Sounds par for the course! Anyway, I was back driving in Sussex, UK today and after heavy snow and ice the roads have been left with giant potholes all over the place. I found myself swerving around to avoid them and for a moment I felt I was back in Yalikavak/Gumusluk!

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Road through Yalikavak
Sounds par for the course! Anyway, I was back driving in Sussex, UK today and after heavy snow and ice the roads have been left with giant potholes all over the place. I found myself swerving around to avoid them and for a moment I felt I was back in Yalikavak/Gumusluk!

To be sure.

LyndaW

Road through Yalikavak
but bodrum and the surroendıng areas need more water so we need these pıpes to provıde us wıth more water so stop complaımıng....you wıll benıfıt ın the end.

Lynda...lelya

JML

Road through Yalikavak
Think they are sewerage pipes that they are laying not water pipes, could be wrong. What I find amazing is last year they tarmaced the road past Garanti bank into the village,proper machine, rollers the full works it was the best bit of road in Yali and now they have dug it all up again? Good planning.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Road through Yalikavak
Think they are sewerage pipes that they are laying not water pipes, could be wrong. What I find amazing is last year they tarmaced the road past Garanti bank into the village,proper machine, rollers the full works it was the best bit of road in Yali and now they have dug it all up again? Good planning.

It's not the best bit now, I cant believe what they have done

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Road through Yalikavak
The road from Cimentepe to Altigeris has now all but disappeared. Extreme caution advised.

Road through Yalikavak

The 'back' road from Yali out past the dolmus station towards Geris Alti are sewerage pipes as some friends with a house near the tennis club have been sent a bill of 2500YTL to be connected into the new system!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom