martin m

rip off or gen mistake
Hi all
I am posting this for folk to make their own mind up, and at the very least suggest they get any plans they make for trips/hire in writing.
Some freinds we spent a fortnight in Altinkum with wanted to do a trip to turgutreis, bodrum, Chris and i were game and left them to arrange things,anyway whilst out one day they called in to maxi tours and had a chat and got a quote for a mini bus with driver for the day to go to the two destinations, then came back told the whole gang and we then decided that it sounded ok.
A day or two later i was going to watch the man utd game with the same two guys who had origionally got the first quote, and we decided to call in to maxi tours and arrange the day and pay a deposit,has i had not been involved in the origional visit i stayed on the fringes, and things were going fine between my two freinds and the lady behind the desk when suddenly a male in the office broke into the conversation somewhat aggressivly, and for the first time mentioned paying for the fuel we use, well the guys i was with were adamant that the arrangement they had made had been all inclusive,
anyway without going into too much detail it was decided same price as arranged to turgutreis and bodrum,( i heard that myself, panic over)
Day of trip, bus comes on time we all get on, we get as far as the akbuk road in didim and driver wants one of us to speak on his phone to the office, the office tell us the driver is taking us to a turkish village and bodrum, but we dont want to go to "a turkish village" we want to go to turgutreis and bodrum, so we end up going back to maxi tours office were they are adamant that for turgutreis it will be a extra 50 tl, well i wanted to call it a day as in my opinion it was a blatant scam to get extra money out of us, however the other guys had kids so we went with the flow, strangely enough the first thing the driver did was fill up at the tansaz petrol station this time, and even more strangley the first stop for bafa lake the driver pulled in and when we said no thanks no stop he replied that he needed to eat.
well i was flabergasted that we can hire bus and driver for the day and within an hour of our first departure the driver needs to eat, unbeleivable.
For the record we had a great day, but isnt it a shame you are reading about the down side instead.
martin

Janice McAndrew

Northernlass1959
rip off or gen mistake
I use Maxi Tour for all the transfers and tours etc, for myself and friends visiting Didim and have never had a problem in fact last week Neslihan and the rest of the staff really went the extra mile when I needed use of a fax machine so that First Assist insurance/travel could send me details of revised flights for myself and my Mum due to illness and they changed our transfers without question even though we had to change them several times. They could not have been more helpful when I was "stressed out" as my Mum was very unwell in hospital in Kusadasi.

Jan

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
rip off or gen mistake
I agree with you Martin, get things in writing - this also applies to anything (large or small) you are having built for you.

Annoying that the driver stopped after just one hour, but I would actually have been happy to know he wasn't fasting - fasting and driving, now that is very dangerous!

babes123

rip off or gen mistake
I agree with you Martin, get things in writing - this also applies to anything (large or small) you are having built for you.

Annoying that the driver stopped after just one hour, but I would actually have been happy to know he wasn't fasting - fasting and driving, now that is very dangerous!

have to agree with you there i have make a mistake like that myself but as the saying goes once bitten

martin m

rip off or gen mistake
Hi all
Thanks for the replies, as for was he or should he have been fasting lord only knows,but he ate that day, as for maxi tours being a good reliable company, fine i dont have a problem with that, though we did have a pick up with them were they overslept in 2008 but hey they have all done that at some time or other.
We just feel that someone dropped a clanger by quoting (but perhaps not including fuel costs) for the job , realised they would not make as much money if they still had to pay for fuel, so devised the whole scam.
Q. would i use them again.
A. lf i had to.never say never.
martin

Summertime

Golden Girls
rip off or gen mistake
I have used Maxi Tour twice, and I found the drivers very nice, but when I walked into their office to booke my return to Bodrum, I found one of the girls very condescending and intolerable. She should come with me back home just to show her my adress, she drove over and killed little chicken. She did not behave at all.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom