Sara-666

Rip off HSBC!
I've just checked the exchange on the HSBC and it was 2.41 this morning, how can they get away with shaving so much off the exchange rate, the Garanti shows 2.48, the tv channel 30 shows the same and going up. They do this every weekend, every holiday and now it seems every finish of business each day, so bloody annoying!!!!

Sara

rafiki

Andy
Rip off HSBC!
if you look again now it's 2.474...Often before 8 in the morning there is a gap of 10 points between buying and selling price..log on between 8 and 5 and you'll find it's similar to most other banks.

L

les&Tasha

Rip off HSBC!
Sara,

This is deliberate policy of HSBC. The rates offered after about 5pm until about 9.30am the next morning week days and throughout the weekend are TERRIBLE. HSBC argue that this is to protect their currency dealing operations from movements which take place whilst their FOREX dealers are not working.

At HSBC the best rates are available online (internet banking) during banking hours. We have learned to only change money at these times. If you do then the rates are very good. You will need a forex trading account to do significantly better. However at other times HSBC will indeed rip you off as they do on other operations (eg credit cards) unless you stay exactly within their rules.

Honestly I think this is how big banking makes its profits...

Les

ChrisBobs

Rip off HSBC!
they are also charging 4tl for withdrawals from other banks atms.

martin

I think that now you can use anyone's ATM - all the Turkish banks are charging like wounded bulls!
There was a protest and a warning by the Turkish Consumers Association.

The Turkish banks are just now doşing their annual reporting - massive profits!

:hmm:

Howell's

Rip off HSBC!
İs bank is the same. They always put the rates up out of working hours, weekends and holidays..
Remember Byram is the end of next week and the banks wıll be closed from wednesday at 12.30pm
Be ınterestıng to see what the rate wıll be when they open the follwing week.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Rip off HSBC!
Don't use the particular bank that you perceive is being underhand then.......

C

Sara-666

Rip off HSBC!
Ceemac, I know we should move banks but unfortunately the others used to charge more for money coming from England, this is why we kept the HSBC account.

They also charged us 4.5tl to pay by debit card last week in Kipa, I presume this is because they use the garanti machine to process it!

Does anyone know what the Garanti charge for sterling transfers from England, because the more I fume about this the more it make me not want to use the HSBC!!

Sara

Harem

I've cliqued
Rip off HSBC!
Ah, Garanti make hefty charges for receiving sterling - even if you have paid the charges at the other end.

maggie

Rip off HSBC!
apparently there is to be an interest rate drop today on savings accounts !!!!!!!Whats it dropping to now then.?????

Presumably if your interest day falls in the Bayram holiday you cant draw your interest until after the holiday.
Hugs Maggie xxxx

moortenerife

moortenerife
Rip off HSBC!
can anyone tell me how much hsbc in turkey charge to transfer money to hsbc in england, i need to transfer some money but want to know how much it will cost before i do it, also will hsbc charge me for receiving the money.

COOCHIE

Rip off HSBC!
I thought that I'd be safe with HSBC. They are useless in my opinion.
They're ok when you open an account and give them wads of cash but after that it's a headache when you go back to the UK! I will be changing banks when I return to Turkey but have no idea who.

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Rip off HSBC!
HSBC is listed on London stock exchange.Perhaps this is why people accept it as being British. Most business is done in Asia.

butt007

Warren
Rip off HSBC!
Hi Moortenerife, to transfer sterling from an HSBC account to a sterling HSBC account as in a ...one off... will cost you £40, if you set up a regular Direct Debit it is only £10.
Warren

Latest Posts

Top Bottom