IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
RIP David Amess
Tragic, only last week I asked a Turkish friend why she did not discuss something with the local MP. She was aghast, and stated that there is no way that the public can meet them ad discuss issues of concern.

juco

RIP David Amess
Tragic, only last week I asked a Turkish friend why she did not discuss something with the local MP. She was aghast, and stated that there is no way that the public can meet them ad discuss issues of concern.
That I can understand that but the MPs in uk wont even reply to emails let alone phone calls, I have several unanswered emails and they were just yes or no answers, nothing difficult.

RIP David Amess
An ardent supporter of Iranian resistance.
Always spoke for Iranian people .
Saw him a few times in westminster. I always found him very warm and welcoming.
Rest in peace sir David. You will be missed by the Iranian community in the Uk

Mushroom

RIP David Amess
Apparently and not yet formally confirmed - the murderer was Somalian.
I will reserve comment until confirmation is made.

juco

RIP David Amess
Apparently and not yet formally confirmed - the murderer was Somalian.
I will reserve comment until confirmation is made.
Government sources have told the BBC the man is a British national who, from initial inquiries, appears to be of Somali heritage.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
RIP David Amess
The telly last night was full of 'how can we still hold surgeries and be safe?'
To me it is not rocket science, some sort of modified confessional arrangement would suffice, if people feel OK to confess to a pries across a small barrier they should be able to discuss the sewage at the bottom of their garden.
Note, I am not speaking from experience here, I have never felt the need to confess.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
RIP David Amess
Respect for Mr Amess , who it would appear served his constituents and the country with aplomb ,politics aside a good and worthy man , sad loss .

An armed copper at each surgery is now warranted , Parliament can find the money .
Steve

RIP David Amess
These people look for soft targets, an MP today, a Doctor tomorrow, a Priest the next day and a teacher next week.

I’ve sat in front of my former MP twice, easy going, easy conversation......I don’t think having an armed officer sitting in the room would feel the same.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
RIP David Amess
These people look for soft targets, an MP today, a Doctor tomorrow, a Priest the next day and a teacher next week.

I’ve sat in front of my former MP twice, easy going, easy conversation......I don’t think having an armed officer sitting in the room would feel the same.
Certainly make an armed assailant feel different .
Steve

juco

RIP David Amess
Perspex or glass screens ?
I agree, toughened glass screens and it will be much cheaper than what the gov will probably end up paying for personal bodygaurds. They have a budget for `office / surgery` expenses it can be paid from that, so need not cost any more.
I know for a fact an MSP backbencher in Scotland had office budget of £250k.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom