sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Riots in Belgium for Kurdish problem
Last days there have been several riots by young Turks....

First there were riots against Armenians , very tasteless and coarse

and yesterday we had riots against the Kurds, young Turks were demolishing cars, shop windows (of Kurdish shops) and in this way trying to express their "sympathy" with the Turkish government and the possible invasion into Iraq,
One Kurdish shop keeper said " if they are so brave, why don't they go to Turkey and fight in the army against the PKK ", I think that was well said....

The riots do disappoint me, because we never had them with Turks..... I hope this will be the first and the last

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Would there be many Turks living in Belgium Sparrow?

C

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
I'm sure Birmingham is far more exciting , Steve... we are quiete dull indeed

And yes we do have quiete a number of Turks in some area's, but I just wanted to show how pointless it is for them to have riots over here for something that happens in Turkey, we never had any problems with the Turkish society, they tend to stick together, to speak Turkish and to watch Turkish television (in contrast with people from Morocco who are not that homebound), maybe that explains their stupid behaviour

Guz1

sparrow said:
I'm sure Birmingham is far more exciting , Steve... we are quiete dull indeed

And yes we do have quiete a number of Turks in some area's, but I just wanted to show how pointless it is for them to have riots over here for something that happens in Turkey, we never had any problems with the Turkish society, they tend to stick together, to speak Turkish and to watch Turkish television (in contrast with people from Morocco who are not that homebound), maybe that explains their stupid behaviour

Ouch!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dalamanli

There is a fair bit of tension with Belgium stretching back many years over the case of the PKK woman, Fehriye Erdal, who was part of the assassination of Özdemir Sabancı in 1996. She was arrested in Belgium who refused to either extradite her or try her in Belgium on the grounds that automatic weapons were not used in the attack. She was released from prison during the prosecution process and given protection by the Belgian authorities.

They then tried her for some minor offences in Belgium, sentenced her to 4 years, but she escaped as is currently whereabouts unknown.

Also there are allegations that the PKK have training camps in Belgium (though quite how trotting round the Belgian countryside, famouse for it's rugged hills and hidden valleys, prepares a terrorist for the mountains of Easten Turkey escapes me) and one of the TV channels supporting the PKK has or had studios in Belgium.

There is some tension in Hackney and Haringay, where Turks and Kurds live in large numbers, according to a friend who works in that area, but quite how she can tell the difference between the normal tension there involving drugs and guns, I don't know.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Yes Dalamanli, there is some tension in Belgium because of the Erdal case, in which I think Belgium is wrong and should extradite her to Turkey (that is, if we can find here, because she got "lost" !!), the argument that she could not be convicted because no automatic weapon had been used, sounds very silly, and not only to me !

However, I don't think those riots have anything to do with that, I doubt i those young Turk even knew about Erdal

Training camps in Flanders's field ??? Oh my dear, we do have some hills, but those are only hills, cannot see PKK training here :lol: :lol:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom