dawningram

dawn ingram
rgb (pc) cable to av (to tv) cable
Hi all.
We have brought our netbook out loaded with films we want to watch but we don't have the correct cable to connect the netbook to the tv. we trawled around the town of Didim today asking in all the electrical shops we could find but no-one had what we need - this is a link to the exact product:
Male To Male VGA 3 RGB AV Adapter Splitter Cable Cord, VGA 3RGB Cable
- we can wait and get it at home for next time through that link but we just wondered if anyone knows where we can get such a thing here? thanks - Dawn

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Dawn, I don't think this cable will work, unless your TV has a RGB connector, most TVs will have a composite video and audio connectors, and or a SCART socket or S-Video, some of the newer LCD TVs have VGA input (same as your netbook).

Double check your TV, maybe put your model number here so someone can check for you.

Usually it's not a simple cable connection but a VGA to Composite converter box, something like this [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U0PHC8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001EL4ZM8&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=16BT4WQZVMDMZ9CSP04C]Kanaan PC VGA to TV Composite Video RGB Converter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

ANDY2UK

Yorkshireman in Gazıpaşa
Hi all.
We have brought our netbook out loaded with films we want to watch but we don't have the correct cable to connect the netbook to the tv. we trawled around the town of Didim today asking in all the electrical shops we could find but no-one had what we need - this is a link to the exact product:
Male To Male VGA 3 RGB AV Adapter Splitter Cable Cord, VGA 3RGB Cable
- we can wait and get it at home for next time through that link but we just wondered if anyone knows where we can get such a thing here? thanks - Dawn
This cable will work only if your TV is HD ready but will give picture only. A seperate cable would be needed for the Audio. What other outputs does your laptop have? What inputs does your TV have?

dawningram

dawn ingram
Thanks for the advice all..

The netbook has rgb and usb interaces only.
The TV has AV in and scart only.

The options so far all look they 'might' do the job - if I could purchase here in Didim/surrounding area I would give it a go.

Dawn

oldfogy

Just passing through
Yes the video cables in the above posts should do the job, also a "S Video" cable will do, in addition to the video cable you will also need a audio cable these are usually in the format of 1.5mm Jack plug to Phone Sockets, which you plug the jack plug into the "Headphone" socket on the netbook and the other to the appropriate audio socket/s on the TV.

Other than that, but I don't think you have this option is plugging in via a HDMI to HDMI cable (Sound & Video)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom