Harry61

Retiring
Hello Everyone

I would like to thank everyone for their time and efforts posting and answering peoples questions.
My question is for me and my wife would like to retire in Alanya and would like to know where is a good area with all amenities to buy.
Does anyone had a dealing with Multivilla real estate,Oba Alanya,New home in turkey turquoise real estate after reading peoples experiences I thought maybe someone out there could enlighten me about them and where we have to look that is far enough and yet close to transport and shopping your help will be greatly appreciated:thanks:

beyazbayan

Retiring
İf you want an area with good re-sale opportunities buy as near the centre as you can where there are good local amenities and good schools near by. Do not buy near the sea unless you are prepared to have cafes etc that open late at night and may play loud music. İ would not buy outside of Alanya as İ want to be able to walk to all amenities easily. My advice would always be look around and rent in the area you like then and only then consider buying. Try to buy direct from the owner or builder as that saves you a lot of money.

Reactions: G&L

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Retiring
Hello Everyone

I would like to thank everyone for their time and efforts posting and answering peoples questions.
My question is for me and my wife would like to retire in Alanya and would like to know where is a good area with all amenities to buy.
Does anyone had a dealing with Multivilla real estate,Oba Alanya,New home in turkey turquoise real estate after reading peoples experiences I thought maybe someone out there could enlighten me about them and where we have to look that is far enough and yet close to transport and shopping your help will be greatly appreciated:thanks:

I live in Alanya Harry.Love it. Im in Denizkent,the old quarter,prices are a lot lower here as the apartments are a lot older than most in Alanya. Never dealt with the Emlaks you quote,but be very careful of who you use.I agree RENT first and if you like buy.Most people are buying in the OBA district which to me is very touristy and noisy. How often have you been coming to Alanya and what parts do you know.
Trev.

Retiring
Harry, although I can't advise about Alanya, I can give general advice on retiring to Turkey - I did it 7 years ago! Like the others I strongly reccomend renting for at least a year before thinking of buying. Rents, especially unfurnished, are cheap (the interest on your capital will pay it!) and you can really check out the area before committing yourselves.

I rent, and have done for the last 10 years. The big advantage for me is that if I decide to move I just have to give a months notice and I'm gone! It can take a long, long time to sell property, I feel it's a much bigger responsibility/commitment than in the UK.

tosmur

Retiring
There are several nice areas in Alanya, good luck. Make sure they have the TAPU and Iskan and that everything is in order.

Harry61

Retiring
Thanks everyone for your advice , in that case, what would be the cost of renting a place and expenses involved and what sort of interest the banks offer on your deposit.

Marggie

Retiring
Finans Bank offer 10% in an Egg Account on balances over 11, 000 lira. An Egg account is a current acount through the day and a savings account through the night.

Retiring
Tosmur is an excellent choice of location, alot quieter than Alanya centre and only 10 min bus ride away, Oba closes down in the winter and is like a ghost town at that time, whereas Tosmur doesn't (we know 2 couples who have sold up in Oba and moved to Tosmur for that reason) Their are plenty of shops and restaurants and a small friendly retired ex pat community always willing to help with any queries you may have. The Dim-Cayi river also runs through and has been developed tastefully with walkways each side with seating and bbq areas.

Retiring
Again, I can't comment on Alanya, but here in Datca I rent an unfurnished 2 bed 2 bath duplex with separate kitchen, extremely spacious rooms, 2 balconys, superb sea and mountain views, middle of town so 2 minutes to shops, restaurants etc, 5 minutes to my favourite beach, 4 minutes to the harbour, for 750TL. And Datca is expensive compared to most places, and I'm paying a premium for my sea view.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Retiring
Again, I can't comment on Alanya, but here in Datca I rent an unfurnished 2 bed 2 bath duplex with separate kitchen, extremely spacious rooms, 2 balconys, superb sea and mountain views, middle of town so 2 minutes to shops, restaurants etc, 5 minutes to my favourite beach, 4 minutes to the harbour, for 750TL. And Datca is expensive compared to most places, and I'm paying a premium for my sea view.

It is nice to read a post by someone who is content to pay the price for the pleasure of living in a location that brings them joy , happiness and contentment.

You do make it appear as really lovely , sounds like a couple of hundred quid well spent.

Nice one , Steve.

Retiring

sounds good to me.

Retiring
I decided a long time ago that buying was not for me. I have no responsibility, if taps leak or windows malfunction I call the owner - I'm very lucky as she immediately gets the problem sorted. This was also the case in my previous apartment.

As a tenant, and a European, I'm highly desirable!! I pay my rent in advance on time in cash; I keep everywhere clean and well maintained; I don't cause problems with the neighbours, and I keep the owner informed about any changes in the area.

Most owners are keen to rent to Europeans, and I've successfully negotiated the rental price down!! It helps to speak Turkish, of course, but even a little Turkish and the help of a Turkish friend is useful when you're looking at rental properties.

My decision to rent, made 20 odd years ago, has proved to be the right one for me and I'm extremely happy with it!

Helenm150

Retiring
YD don't you find property owners reluctant to rent to foreigners these days because the foreigner will require a copy of the owner's tapu and notarised rental contract to obtain their residency? In terms of repairs, I know people who have not been able to get their landlord to do any maintenance or repairs ending up in them either having to pay for the work themselves or move on. I have also heard of some problems getting deposits back.

G&L

G&L
Retiring
As the others have said make sure to avoid new builds unless completely occupied and legally set up. Renting is the initial way to go esp if you come out for 6 w eeks/3 months out of season and see what it is. This way you can go around yourself and see the areas we are talking about. Personally I have lived in Mathmutlar, Tosmur, Oba, Alanya close to the harbour and also bang in the middle, Demitas even before it has become developed and am back again in Mahmutlar. Where we still have a place in Oba is between the main coast and inner road and nearer to Tosmur end so we are not bang in the middle of the noise and lights. It really depends on what you both like to do, you will have to get out and about and meet up with people regularly to play cards, moviees, etc to create a social life for yourselves outside the high season. Personally you need to consider your health and age concerns for the future. So you dont want to be totally reliant on a car/taxis, nor have to many steps etc around the property and things like that. Let us know how you get on and feel free to ask any questions even if they seem 'silly' as living in Turkey is a whole new experience and things you take for granted at home are not always included! Some of us also have other properties for sale and know of friends who want to sell or rent too and that can be a good way to get a taster. I am more than happy to have a chat with you by phone as others will be as well so if you read through some of the older links about moving and buying/renting here first just pm or ask here openly and some of us will respond to you.

beyazbayan

Retiring
The situation re rental contract and cash payments is being addressed. As from January 2015 all renters must be supplied with a legal notarized contract and all payments for rent made through a bank account. Lets see if this helps the tax avoidance situation!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom