cazywazy

retirement and cars
Are there any new laws about bringing a car into Turkey when you are retired please. They change so quickly and never sure what they are.
I would be grateful for any up to date information.

Can also someone tell me about what percentage is frozen in the bank as regards the weight and engine size of car please. Maybe this doesnt happen now!!!!!

Thanks

retirement and cars
You are better off just buying a car in Turkey, it is not worth the hassle bringing your own car over whether retired or not imho.

RIK

retirement and cars
As Susan has said, Don't bother.It makes no difference whether you are retired or not.Turing set the amount to be frozen in your Bank although you do get the interest.I have one so I know, but never again.

Ian

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
retirement and cars
You are better off just buying a car in Turkey, it is not worth the hassle bringing your own car over whether retired or not imho.

Good advice, poor driving standards here and steering wheel on the wrong side make a dangerous combination.

cazywazy

retirement and cars
I did have a car here last year but took it back this Feb and had no problem driving it even with the steering wheel on right side.
Was looking to buy a new car here but they are ridiculous prices and the Turks dont treat their cars very well so dont really want a second hand one.
If anyone can put me onto a good site so i can gather all the info i might need regarding bringing a car in by a retired person, i would be grateful
Thank you

traveller

retirement and cars
You could consider buying a second hand car purchased in Turkey by another expat, that way it will have the right registration for foriegners and will probably have been better looked after Just a thought,

Latest Posts

Top Bottom