amares

Retiling a swimming pool
Hi all,

Can anyone give an approx cost to retile a swimming pool with mosaics? Looking at 2020 prices... or has anyone had this done who wouldn't mind giving us the cost?

Size approx 6 metres by five with a 1.8 depth.

Many thanks all!

Jaycey

Retiling a swimming pool
Tiling is a real mission.

EX000016.jpg

Back home we sealed our pool with a spray on fiberglass lining.

Quick, easy, relatively inexpensive and the automatic pool cleaner worked well.

Camden

Retiling a swimming pool
It would depend where you are,. Istanbul wouldn't be the same as the somewhere on the Aegean/Med for example.... even coastal areas price varies ....so where are you....and somebody may be able to help ..or know someone

ted j

Retiling a swimming pool
I'd think twice about using mosaics
Usually every season start , at least the bottom of the pool has to be re-grouted (a bitch to do with mosaics)
Most Turks use an acid solution to clean the grout which just eats away the surface dirty grout then grout over that

We had the bottom of our pool raised last year and tiled with beyas kalikem (white floor adhesive), so when acid washing and re-grouting, no black bits of adhesive showed through

davem

Retiling a swimming pool
I'd think twice about using mosaics
Usually every season start , at least the bottom of the pool has to be re-grouted (a bitch to do with mosaics)
Re-grouting every season sounds a trifle excessive, I wondered if you are using a proper pool grout. We also have a mosaic tiled pool which was constructed in May 2010, and the original tiling and grouting is still fine. Incidentally our pool is never drained. (Avoids large, rapid, fluctuations in temperature and water absorption which can affect the grout)
Over winter we add copper sulphate as a long term algaecide, and vacuum it out to waste in the spring.

David

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Retiling a swimming pool
Re-grouting every season sounds a trifle excessive, I wondered if you are using a proper pool grout. We also have a mosaic tiled pool which was constructed in May 2010, and the original tiling and grouting is still fine. Incidentally our pool is never drained. (Avoids large, rapid, fluctuations in temperature and water absorption which can affect the grout)
Over winter we add copper sulphate as a long term algaecide, and vacuum it out to waste in the spring.

David

I'm not sure how good that is for the environment, copper sulphate use in Europe is banned for agriculural purposes. It is allowed here in Turkey and called Göktaş, which is often sprayed on fruit trees in Spring.

davem

Retiling a swimming pool
I'm not sure how good that is for the environment, copper sulphate use in Europe is banned for agriculural purposes. It is allowed here in Turkey and called Göktaş, which is often sprayed on fruit trees in Spring.
We were also rather concerned when it was first recommended, as we had about 10 cats and 3 dogs who drank and/or swam in the pool, and thriving borders and hedging where we were proposing to dump the copper sulphate sediment in the Spring. We were slightly reassured when we bought the first load from the recommended supplier. We struggled to make ourselves understood until suddenly the light dawned and he triumphantly exclaimed "blue stuff for pools" and shovelled out our required 6 kilograms from a bin holding a few tons. We were further reassured when after a few years all our cats and dogs were still fit and well, and the vegetation was still thriving. ( I since calculated that an average human with a body weight of 75 kg would need to drink 8.25 litres of our pool water to reach the level at which any toxicity was discernible.)
By the way, what is the purpose of spraying fruit trees with it - also to kill algae?

David

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Retiling a swimming pool
We are certified organic and use a 2% solution twice a year on peach trees to stop leaf curl. It does seem to work. I think copper sulphate is generally used as a fungicide.

Kanga

Retiling a swimming pool
In days gone by people used to light bonfires and make them smoky under their fruit trees through Jan and Feb to deter the moths and fruit flies that lay eggs on the buds and cause damage. Have you tried anything similar in TC?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Retiling a swimming pool
In days gone by people used to light bonfires and make them smoky under their fruit trees through Jan and Feb to deter the moths and fruit flies that lay eggs on the buds and cause damage. Have you tried anything similar in TC?

I will reply to this on another thread, I don't want to hijack this one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom