restaurants shut down
Well it looks like they mean business with the hassling,but i cant understand why the victoria and the istanbul were punished yet again as i never find them too bad,anyway closed till monday night so the message might go around and allow people to look at the restaurants for what they are but when you are being badgered all the time you tend to get on your toes to somewhere else.
Well heres to you all having a lovely hassle free and enjoyable holiday or if you are residential have a good life

Mushtaq

Founding Member
restaurants shut down
The Victoria Restaurant and Istanbul Restaurant near the beach front in Altinkum have been shutdown until Monday, from what I can gather.

restaurants shut down
The restaurants were closed down for hassling (the VICTORIA and the ISTANBUL) in between the main beach and Medusa nightclub.
and were closed down on thursday when i went past and they said they cannot open till monday

bobthenob

Non Active Member
restaurants shut down
l have no sympathy for any business that uses aggressive behaviour towards the public.What are the tourists suppose to do,when there are restaurants next to each other.You can't go to all of them just to please them.They must get it in their thick skulls that the tourist have the right to pick the premises of their own choice without being accosted by aggressive and sometimes physical aggression.
lf they think there are to few customers to bring in their premises,then the answer is to stop building to many restaurant and cafes and think up some other business to establish that is different to catering,but attractive to the tourist.
l suggest more space between the buildings with trees and park benches and to introduce more of a green environmental policy, where the buildings will be more restricted,but the open spaces with proper commonsense planning will have the priority.There are just far to many buildings chasing to few customers and that spells aggressive competitions amongst the neighbouring premises.
l have seen it,where other neighbouring premises bully the waiters with physical and mental behaviour.The planning is terrible and must be looked into to establish a sense of balance with the businesses and the customers.The hassle will most likely diminish.Once they shut a premise down,that should be it and should never be allowed for that business to open again in catering .Tear it down and make way for more open space for the people to feel a sense of freedom,instead of feeling so enclosed with buildings around them with negative vibes.This will send a message to the hasslers there is no room in the tourist areas that inflicts aggressive attitudes onto the public.
And the one's that don't hassle can do business comfortably, which in the long has increased their business due to one less restaurant gone.A reward for being well mannered towards people should be encouraged and condemn the bad mannered fools by punishing them,by tearing their premises down as an example that aggression will not be tolerated.

Last edited:

Mushtaq

Founding Member
restaurants shut down
Now all they need to do it tackle the noisy bars in residential areas.

restaurants shut down
You are right,we moved into a really quiet area behind Tuntas apartments and now they have opened palm wings resort there and play the music for the people of Bodrum to hear,such a shame but then the post was about the closure of the restaurants. SORRY

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
restaurants shut down
We are in the Yalikavak area and although we do get asked if we'd like to try the restaurants, they do it in very polite manner, as we are going more regularly and they know we have our own place, they just ask "have you eaten this evening"? It is the customer's perogative where they want to go. We once went to Kusadasi (for the day), and I felt exhausted after trying to take a look around the town, we were hassled from the moment we stepped off the cruise ship until we returned!!! To close establishments who are harrassing tourists/residents should get the message across to any others who are trading in the same way.

restaurants shut down
I amazes me ive been here 6 yrs and they never learn they know not to hassle but still do it also play load music do they think us english are deaf.......

Richazed

restaurants shut down
When I was over in May I found the Victoria and Istanbul very polite and sorry that they have been closed down not at all aggressive, true you can't go to all of them but you can't blame them for trying.
What I was shocked at was when we where leaving at 3am returning home " not usually up at that time mind" I could hear the Madusa thumping out the music as far as the Hospital!!!
Should be more cheaper flights filled with people that need to eat.

restaurants shut down
We visited Altinkum from Akbuk in May and found walking past the Istanbul Restaurant that they hassled us the most.

Mel (and Anne)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom