ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Restaurant Alcohol Ban
AKP strikes again.

'After nearly two decades of undisturbed alcohol consumption, a high-society fish restaurant on the Asian side of Istanbul, owned by the AKP-run municipality, suddenly decides to stop selling adult beverages. The municipality claims local residents submitted a petition requesting that the restaurant stop serving alcohol, but people on the street say otherwise'

Here

C

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Restaurant Alcohol Ban
I think with the doors closing on the EU option it is only a matter of time before Turkey returns to its Arabic beliefs and we are all asked to leave or be put out Mark my words Our days are numbered and they will go back 30-40years and have minimal income as a country:cheer2:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Restaurant Alcohol Ban
so what if a lot of places start to stop selling alcohol and other 'haram' things, to the point they are banned, would you still remain in Turkey?

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Restaurant Alcohol Ban
Phil-Johns - I think the Military might have a say in the matter!!??

Whilst I enjoy the odd tipple or 3, might do us a favour to ban alcohol - think how healthy we would all be!:bounce:

Restaurant Alcohol Ban
Phil Johns; yes if they really did go down that road that would be gule gule to the tourist industry here which nets some 21 billion Euros I believe. I don't believe the door is completely shut - just left slightly ajar for the next party in power since the AKParty won't get TR in the EU. I live in the entertainment district of Istanbul and it was a derelict wasteland before the restaurants and discos moved in. Beyoglu is AKParty but if you'd seen how many intoxicated persons I had to literally fight my way past to get into my house yesterday you'd realise that the kind of thing you posted about does not occur often. But of course it makes good copy.

Freshness

Restaurant Alcohol Ban
I think with the doors closing on the EU option it is only a matter of time before Turkey returns to its Arabic beliefs and we are all asked to leave or be put out Mark my words Our days are numbered and they will go back 30-40years and have minimal income as a country:cheer2:
Hey Phil, I dont care if EU close the door or open, never mind.
What I believe is EU economy is death and never will be good once again. We dont need EU

Coming to alchol issue, it will never be banned in Turkey. People just exaggrate everything.

Saoirse

Restaurant Alcohol Ban

Doomed! Doomed! We are all doomed!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Restaurant Alcohol Ban
It won't get banned because the AKparty won't win the next election , Plus its not tourists who buy all the alcohol off the supermarket shelves , it dosen't walk out the door by itself dose it , And the younger peolpe wont put up with it , Niether will the Hotels Cafes Restraunts in the resorts , lose to much money ,,,,,,,,,,,Diane

Freshness

Restaurant Alcohol Ban
Are you giving odds on that?
Alchol will never be banned in Turkey.
Turkish government has religous roots, that a reality, but they still have no alternative, and I think they manage country very good. They are hardworking. We are a developing country and we dont need EU. Our economy has a good performance since 2001 and Europe economy is death, its in recession.

richelm

Restaurant Alcohol Ban
Don't believe the AKP propaganda.
Turkey is also firmly in recession. ISE is 70% owned by foreigners and Turkish economy is in the red with a budget deficit of $34.8 Billion and all because a new IMF loan deal wasn't struck so it's a little late to say Turkey doesn't need EU assistance. All emerging markets need foreign input.
Despite the global recession tourism in Turkey for 2009 increased by 2.81% so to kerb alcohol sales would be financial suicide, even for the AKP who like to tax the arse out of the demon booze.
I'll now get back to my beer.....cheers!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom