enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Residency Permit
Is there a new RP for tapu owners? 5 years stay automatically gives you a long term RP.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Residency Permit
I thought 8 years so when they said five i thought it was a system.
Cheers.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Residency Permit
Tis 8 years, it is easier to go for nationality. and cheaper in the long term

I'm not out to wind anyone up but.........How is it easier and less expensive to go for nationality?

Has something major been changed regarding getting Turkish Citizenship?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Residency Permit
I'm not out to wind anyone up but.........How is it easier and less expensive to go for nationality?

Each to their own opinion on this one. I was looking at the criteria to fulfill each of these and, in my case I think the criteria for long term residence seem harder to fulfill, but I don't have time to debate it.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Residency Permit
Each to their own opinion on this one. I was looking at the criteria to fulfill each of these and, in my case I think the criteria for long term residence seem harder to fulfill, but I don't have time to debate it.

I wasn't asking you to waste your time, just to explain a little more about what comes across as a sweeping statement without any qualifying information.

Many people known to me here in Turkey have obtained Long-Term Residency very simply over the last few years.
8 years living here, time taken outside of Turkey to remain within the limits stated and very economical.
My own daughter got hers just 4 years ago, no problem, total cost at the time 55T.L.
Possibly a little more expensive now, maybe 150T.L. but it's a single payment that covers the Long-Term Residency.

I've also known many people that have applied for Turkish Citizenship and the only people that have had it granted to them are those that had legal, stable marriages to Turkish Nationals.
Admittedly, you only pay the cost of your Turkish Kimlik (I.D.)
Anyone investing $250,000 in property, can also apply for Turkish Citizenship but that's somewhat more expensive than the Long-Term Residency.

If foreigners are looking to work in Turkey, they can apply for a Turquoise Card but that's not the easiest thing to come by either.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Residency Permit
If foreigners are looking to work in Turkey, they can apply for a Turquoise Card but that's not the easiest thing to come by either.

Is it still the case that you cannot have the Turquoise Card and a Long-term RP?

oldfogy

Just passing through
Residency Permit

8 years of CONTINUAL residency but must have been in Turkey for a TOTAL of 5 years within that 8 year period, to qualify for long term RP.

MJL

Residency Permit
Hello all, I’ve just applied for my first residency permit. I’ve been to the government office and had my fingerprints taken and photo, then went and had my interview at the police station and was informed there that my turkish ID would arrive by PTT. my question is, does that mean I’m definitely getting it? Or is it still going through the application process?

many thanks in advance

oldfogy

Just passing through
Residency Permit
In Turkey nothing is set in stone until it's in your hand.
But first time I have heard of having finger-prints being taken, maybe just the area you are in.

MJL

Residency Permit
In Turkey nothing is set in stone until it's in your hand.
But first time I have heard of having finger-prints being taken, maybe just the area you are in.
they had a complete digital setup for taking fingerprint, I did feel like a criminal as I’ve never had this done ever! Also I was surprised about one question they asked me at the police station, they asked if my reason coming to Turkey was due to the pandemic ! they must be having a lot of people arriving due to Covid.

but thank you for the quick response

MJL

Residency Permit
No finger prints in alanya, maybe a new thing
I’m in the same reign as Alva, I’ve no objection to this at all, I suppose it makes the following years application quicker as a for ID. Perhaps this is the new procedure, as it’s my first application I wasn’t sure what to expect.

also, may I ask how long the first residency for? Is it 12 or 24 month, I forgot to ask.

thank you

REDDERS

Residency Permit
The introduction of fingerprints & mugshots came in over 3 years ago,but is very hit & miss. I had mine done 2yeas ago at my last renewal in Bodrum. Many GOC offices still are not doing them,but once done i'm not aware of anyone having to repeat that process.
MJL, your term offered will depend on whether you rent or are a property owner &/or if you showed 1 or 2 years health cover .

MJL

Residency Permit
The introduction of fingerprints & mugshots came in over 3 years ago,but is very hit & miss. I had mine done 2yeas ago at my last renewal in Bodrum. Many GOC offices still are not doing them,but once done i'm not aware of anyone having to repeat that process.
MJL, your term offered will depend on whether you rent or are a property owner &/or if you showed 1 or 2 years health cover .
looks like it’s 12 months then for me! Was not informed of any of that by the agent chap sorting it out for me, will now know for next year. Thank you

REDDERS

Residency Permit
This site MJL is the only way to apply for an RP & to see if it's being processed & has been in operation for nearly 6 years now..Also you really needed to put the link up for the 2nd screen on that site,where you click on the 3rd box to check. It's not possible to 'track' an application as such ,only find out if it's being processed or not.

https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/Ikamet/Basvuru/UzatmaBasvuru

MJL

Residency Permit
This site MJL is the only way to apply for an RP & to see if it's being processed & has been in operation for nearly 6 years now..Also you really needed to put the link up for the 2nd screen on that site,where you click on the 3rd box to check. It's not possible to 'track' an application as such ,only find out if it's being processed or not.

https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/Ikamet/Basvuru/UzatmaBasvuru
But the site you posted is for application renewal, the one I used was for first time applications?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom