Buster

Residence Permit
Hi All

Please can anybody advise me on getting a residence permit from Antalya.

Lynn my wife and I intend flying into Antalya in October and applying for the permit we would like to complete the process within 1 week whilst staying there.

Do you think this is feasible and can anybody recommend a Turkish speaker or company in Antalya who would be able to smooth the process and act as a guide whilst we are there also what sort of cost is likely to be involved in hiring such a person.

Kind Regards: Buster

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Residence Permit
I have heard it is possible in Antalya to get permits quickly but you may be pushing it for a week. Can take up to 6 weeks down the road in Alanya.
Rik is the man to ask..if he doesn't reply on here drop him a pm.

puwer98

Residence Permit
Hi Guys, I am a member of the forum, but need an answer to this question.

I am coming to live in turkey this year, We are going to rent from an english couple, what documents do we need to get a residency permit

Residence Permit
Hi
We have just got our residents visas today! It was not easy. We are in Bodrum area. Firstly we had to go to the passport police in Bodrum and get forms to fill in. You then have to take them to the government office with 6 photos, passport, copy of passport, copy of bank statements, tapu or contract for property or rental agreement, and pay approx 10YTL presumably admin cost. You then have to go to the bank to pay, we paid for 2 years it was about 950YTL each plus 75YTL for the booklets. Then its back to police with bank receipt and paperwork stamped by government office. You then have to leave your passports etc with police and in our case we had to go back and collect visas 2 weeks later. You can get a max of 5 years if you have enough time on your passport but it is approx 475YTL a year and you get no discount if you get more than a year. We went with a Turkish friend I can't imagine how we would have managed without him. Also we have been told we were lucky not to have to pay anyone a backhander which is apparently quite common. Hope this is helpful.

no-nem

Residence Permit
Most residency forms are also in English. No need for ''handholders''. just go to the old bill, pay your money at Tax office or bank(whatever your locality insists) and then go back to old bill. They will tell you when to collect permit.

Residence Permit
Glad it was so simple for you no-nem! It certainly wasn't the experience of many of the ex-pats we have met.

no-nem

Residence Permit
I openly admit that when we did our first application we took a ''handholder'' I do not deny this, but once at the old bill and discovering that the forms were in English made me think that we could have saved our money, and anyone will tell you where both the Vergi office is and the Police. It is from that experience that I say that you can do it yourself to save dosh.

Mutley

Residence Permit
While i agree that it is quite simple to do your residency visa i think No-Nem forgot to mention that if this is a first time application then you must go to Aydin.Thereafter it is a simple case of going to the local police and vergi office.By the way the cost per year at the moment is 530TL for the renewal plus admin costs for first timers.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Residence Permit
no-nem said:
Most residency forms are also in English. No need for ''handholders''. just go to the old bill, pay your money at Tax office or bank(whatever your locality insists) and then go back to old bill. They will tell you when to collect permit.
Well No nem - you always seem to think that things are " simple "
I agree if you know the right places and offices to go to it can be easy
But you must realise that alot of these people have only just come to live in Turkey and are not used to the systems
It can be very overwhelming for them especially not speaking the language
A " hand holder " as you politely put it can be very re assuring and helpful-
most " hand holders " are not out to make money - just being genuinely concerned
Congrats Mandeemoo in getting your residency so quickly = enjoy your life in Turkey

patrish

Residence Permit
Ankara Sigorta up Ege Cad can take you both and do it all for you,dont know how much it costs though.
you wont get it back the same day,but they can collectit without you gouing

patrish

Residence Permit
only use them for insurance as a Turkish friend came with us 3 years ago for ours.
I think it is about £90,not sure. The phone no. is 02568115735. You will be in safe hands,he is the retired chief of police in Izmir

JohnF

Residence Permit
patrish said:
,but they can collectit without you gouing
There have been a few rule changes recently (or rather original rules now being enforced) and this *may* not be the case. Collection of residence permits by third parties - even with a POA - has been stopped in most regions.

JF

no-nem

Residence Permit
Puwer98....If you are driving to Aydin, and you come via Kuş pick me up and I will come with you for free of charge providing we prearrange the date/time. It is such a simple operation providing you know where the police sation is and the Tax office. You must collect in person! (currently it is a week).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom