k9jack

k9jack
Residence Permit Application in Antalya Area
Hi All, I am moving to the Antalya region next week, can somebody tell me what paperwork, photos i need to apply for residency, as i believe you now need residency to buy a new car.

Hi and welcome, you dont need residency to buy a car that was done away with almost 3 years ago. Jim

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Be careful. In SOME provinces, Mugla included, you may not need a RP but you DO need a Foreigner's ID Number to buy a new vehicle. To get that you must have a Residence Permit, or have held one in the past. Apparently, there are further changes to be made by the government in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
RIK lives in Antalya and has just renewed his residence visa.

He is away at the moment Why not send him a pm? I am sure that he would be glad to contact you and share his experience with you on his return.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
İ live in Side - 50 minutes from Antalya airport - and filed for 5-year residency last week - you need 3 x passport sized photos and Turkish Lire money to pay - when my Turkish friend enquıried how much it would be to the Jandarma of Manavgat he was told one price - when we arrived it was another price and a lot more - İ ended up having to go to the Tax Office twice that day and 3 x times to the Jandarma (police station) and once to the Exchange Office and once to the Bank - and all that was done by 11.30am same day!! Phew! Now awaiting little book for actual Residency Permit. They normally take 2 to 4 weeks from initial request and paperwork. Suggest you get a local to help you even if you have to pay a bit - - ıt is well worhtwhile in my opinion to do that if you dont speak the language. Kaya Homes on Kaya Homes - Property Side Turkey would do it with you for uk pounds 25 for the day and they are speedy and helpful and no hassle for you. Email them with any request - you can only have a 5-year resıdent permıt if you have a Tapu (Deeds) ın Turkey whatever your natıonalıty - or up to 3 years ıf no Tapu. You do need Residency for many thıngs nowadays - lıke a LandLıne or Internet access in Antalya region - and the Turkish laws keep changıng - so İ like to be safe - - hence my request for a 5-year one.

k9jack

k9jack
Hi Thanks for reply, did you have to go to Antalya for the paperwork, i am in Belek where do i need to go, did you do yours in Manavgat.

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
I don't know if this info is any use to you but if you do travel over to Antalya city itself you will find the appropriate Aliens Dept at Unjali Police Station.

But be warned it's a very long wait to get anything done and there's no such thing as a queueing system-it's every man for himself!!

Bring a book or three to read!!

Have a look at his website. Antalya Emniyet Müdürlüğü

There is a lot of info on here. I would suggest that from Belek Antalya Unjalı is the best place to go.

Foreigners who request residency permits after the end of their visa validity period, after they have arrived in Turkey, or those foreigners whose residency permit validity period is about to expire, are required to apply to the Foreigners Branch Directorates before their visa / residency permit expires.

1. Documents required for long-term residency permits
1. 2 x Residency Statement Form
2. 4 x passport sized photographs.
3. Original passport.
4. Photocopy of the passport (photo page, page showing the last entry to Turkey, page showing passport validity period).
5. Bank statement or foreign currency exchange certificate showing an amount to the value of 500 USD per month of required permit length.
6. If a residency permit was issued previously, the original permit, and photocopies of all used pages.
7. Proof of residential address (if residing together with a Turkish citizen, the residency notification that this Turkish citizen has obtained from TUİK, or if renting, a copy of the rental contract, etc.).

etc etc etc etc

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
K9Jack - Yes - İ went to the Jandarma in Manavgat for my 5-year residency permit - and Kaya Homes were FANTASTİC - no problem at all with them and well worth every penny of the 25 uk pounds for an easy day out! Up to you - of course you can do it yourself but if you dont speak Turkish and 'know the ropes' re the Manavgat Tax Office + Jandarma - İ really would recommend phoning Kaya to arrange to pick you up in Belek and take you to (1) get photos made in fabulous professional photography shop - İ had 16 small ones done in mınutes and only cost me 10 Lire - only needed 3 of them so kept the rest for family and friends and if required for any other Government type forms ever (2) normally the system takes up to a month to get the small Residency book back - Kaya got mıne ın a week !! Manavgat is probably closer to you than Antalya in any event.

k9jack

k9jack
Thanks for that will contact them when i arrive. small problem is i wish to buy a car asap but it appears i will have to wait for my 3 month tourist visa to expire, as i am only coming on 20/1/2010 this could be a problem.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You don't HAVE to wait for your visa to expire before you apply for your RP. What you have to remember though is that you're going to hand-over your passport for upto 6 weeks while the application is processed. You can pay a premium to have it processed quickly, in as little as a few hours. Under normal circumstances you may well have it completed in just a couple of weeks, but you also have to allow for Sod's Law. :wink:

scattea

It would probably be worth you also contacting Ivor Parton to see if he or Tuncay can help you in Belek.

topcat

topcat
They do not take your passport off you anymore. our residency was back after a week.

k9jack

k9jack
Hi, I have a villa in Belek, is it possible to get a 1 year residency in Manavgat or Serik, i have been to Antalya with friends before and it is a nightmare with the amount of people there, i tried Kaya homes to assist but they say i need to go to Antalya as i live in Belek.

k9jack

k9jack
Hi All, as a follow up to my request, i went and got my residency at Manavgat no problems that i lived in Belek. Took me less than 1 hour in there office on Friday, going to collect blue book on Tues. Cost was 933 ytl for 1 year + 150 for blue book. Also you now need residency to buy a car law changed on 11/1/2010

Bill and Carol

We live in the Ishiclar section of Antalya and are ready to begin the resident permit process. We read that it would be wise to have an experienced hand,fluent in Turkish to assist in this effort. Can anyone suggest a person or service near to our section of Antalya. Would it be Kaya Homes or are there others who would help for an appropriate fee?
Thanks
Bill and Carol
7/7
We have just been told by Kaya Homes that they operate in Side only and can't help us. Any other ideas?
Thanks,
B & C

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom