Madwife

Request for Help with a Water Crisis
It's Monday 1st June, 10.30 pm here in Uk. just after midnight in Akbuk

My daughter & her husband have just arrived in our apartment and there is no running water. A friend who went up with a welcome pack earlier today has spent 4 hours trying to get something sorted out. But the outcome is that Richard and Kerry have no water. If anyone is out there at the moment and can help them I'd be really grateful. If you can offer them a shower or help down at the office will you let them know. They're in Zeus E9 - yes right at the top

Thanks everyone, Lynne

juco

Can you be more specific!
Is the water turned on but no mains supply coming in, has the water been turned off by the water company or is it an internal (apartment) problem.
I can`t help but more specific info will be useful for anyone that can.

Peregrine

does anyone look after the place while you are away (such as a management company)? do they check the place before visitors arrive?

Last edited:

Madwife

Hi. The water hasn't been turned off by the company. It's just not reaching our apartment. There's plenty in the big white tank up the hill, & others are getting it. We've been told that the loo cistern WILL fill up, takes between 3 & 4 hours tho!!! Nothing coming through the taps. In May when we moved in, there was what at first seemed to be a pressure problem, but that was easily resolved by takng the filters off the inlet/outlet points and removing the silt that had collected. This time that trick hasn't worked. We're guessing that it's somewhere upline that's become clogged up.

The site staff are s'posed to be looking after it but...... If our friend hadn't been kind enough to take some basic supplies up for Kerry & Richard, then we wouldn't have known till they got there late last night.

What a way to start a honeymoon !

Thanks again to you all for your suggestions

Lynne

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Sounds like a plumbing problem, just need to track down where the blockage is, hopefully not inside your property.

Hi Madwife,

We r below you and had the same problems last week - eventually water supply on but not enough pressure for a shower - enough to do dishes have a wash etc...

Utku will give them keys to Kronus B5 if they ask - to use for shower - at least this is what he did for us. Remembering it is a long drag up and down the mountian luckily we had a car.

People working on water supply to Zeus E most days last week but major problem in getting ennough pressure. We had been given several fob offs re water being off in Akbuk even though men out watering grass / dirt all day.

Best thing not to get to upset as there was not much we or your daughter can do about it - go with the flow else is spoils the holiday.

Regards Chris and Karen

Madwife

Thanks Chris and Karen. Your post has been really helpful. I'm very very grateful. I've passed on your info to my daughter. She says that they're manging to get by but with obvious shortcomings. The guys are working on it, let's keep our fingers crossed.

For those who find this funny; I worked really hard to get the apartment ready to give my daughter a honeymoon and I'm really upset about this. So please......... no more jokey comments. I do understand about plumbing; just wanted some help for the young uns

armina

Dear Chris & Karen

Please be carefull while you inform people. You wrote Kronos B5 but sorry you were wrong. It was Kronos B6. Because of your mistake I had an email which regret to me.

Utku YÜREKLİ
Ufuk Hillside Complex

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
We had a similar problem at our apartment last summer. All it took to fix the problem was a few taps with a wrench on the pipe coming from our individual water tank on the roof. Must have been a build up of scale inside the pipe.
Hope this helps.

Hi Armenia and all,

Sorry if I worte the apartment wrong - who did u get the email from? Genuine mistakes do happen. It was the show flat we stayed in for a coulpe of nights - Kronos B block as our furniture had not arrived and then problems with the water supply and wrong furniture being delivered.

Utku was most helpful in trying to sort out any problems we encountered. We throughly enjoyed are stay despite the teething troubles and r looking forward to getting back soon.

Nigel was a font of information - normally around the pool around 3pm for his swim (very nice tan developing Nigel and very jelous of the time you get to spend on site) - big thanks for the info and keeping us all informed.

We met several nice Hillsiders on site - thanks to Eileen and Eddie for the invite 4 drinks very nice to meet with you and the family - hopefully meet up again soon.

Best Regards Chris, Karen and Ben:hearnoevi

yippee for them have been thinking how they are getting on. What are their thoughts of the complex?

Biro

Jon & Mia

At least this shows that when problems arise they sort them out quickly.

And that Utku (Armenia) is reading theis forum as erhan used to. (welcome Utku)

Hope your kids have a wonderful honeymoon

Jon & Mia

Latest Posts

Top Bottom