gerrymac

Replacing Headboard Bolts on Turkish Bed
I wonder if anyone knows if there is a standard size for these in Turkey? The plastic washers used with bolts on my Turkish double bed headboard have split and need replaced. I intend to add a further two bolts as the headboard is very heavy and needs 4 bolts rather than 2. A while ago I bought replacements in the UK but unfortunately I think these are too thick. From reading internet it would appear the normal diameter for headboard bolts in UK is 8mm. The ones on Turkish bed must be smaller as the UK ones did not fit. Does anyone know the norm in Turkey? TIA🙂

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
If you take one of your bolts to a hardware shop on the local sanayi (industrial estate) they will sell you more, they can probably sort you out some washers too. Bolt = civata

gerrymac

If you take one of your bolts to a hardware shop on the local sanayi (industrial estate) they will sell you more, they can probably sort you out some washers too. Bolt = civata
Thanks Ibrahim. I am back in UK but unfortunately did not bring bolt back with me. I had thought along similar lines. I was just trying to get organised before I hopefully return to Turkey in March. Thanks again.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I will have a look at mine tomorrow, we don't have a headboard but there may be bolts.

enoch

I wonder if anyone knows if there is a standard size for these in Turkey? The plastic washers used with bolts on my Turkish double bed headboard have split and need replaced. I intend to add a further two bolts as the headboard is very heavy and needs 4 bolts rather than 2. A while ago I bought replacements in the UK but unfortunately I think these are too thick. From reading internet it would appear the normal diameter for headboard bolts in UK is 8mm. The ones on Turkish bed must be smaller as the UK ones did not fit. Does anyone know the norm in Turkey? TIA🙂
We renewed ours last march. I have just had a look the bolts they are 8m diameter, but it would be just a easy to get them here.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom