Peregrine

Rep Points (again?)
I love the rep points thing

yep, the thanks button is quite good for the odd visible sign acknowledging a good post (its just a shame you cant put a "sarcastic" sign to show that it was a daft one!!). Still cant have everything

Now, as for the rep points! sometimes I spread them round like confetti to the point I get a message telling me I have given enough for a 24 hour period and will have to wait until tomorrow to award some more. Or I find that I've given too much to one person and am told to spread it round a bit.

Then theres the bad rep points - saved for those special occaisions!! seem to get away with it most times

but now to the point of this post - I got a good rep point with a cryptic comment about amusing the awarder. BUT I have no Idea which post it was about or what I said

how weird? have you had similar experiences?

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Rep Points (again?)
I got one bad one last week... as a sign of how much it bothered me, i cant remember what it was for or who from... quite frankly i couldn't give a monkey's how many red or green ones i get... it means more to get a written response.

Alan.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Rep Points (again?)
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Have to agree!

"Well"it is a relief to me,not to have this system installed.l'll be inundated with these little sarcastic remarks.:brick:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Rep Points (again?)
In the control panel click the thread the rep relates to and it should jump to the post you were repped for.

I know where to find them... just can't be a***d... good reps are nice, if I deserved a bad one from someone I'd rather hear from them be it sarcastic or not, than to see a red spot... who'd hide behind a red spot..?

stevecarol

Rep Points (again?)
(quote)but now to the point of this post - I got a good rep point with a cryptic comment about amusing the awarder. BUT I have no Idea which post it was about or what I said

So its true then .... you dont know what your talking about:77wu:

Pete&Mag

Rep Points (again?)
Excuse my ignorance in all this. Why are some blobs dark green and others light green ? Or is it just my old monitor playing up ! I cant remember seeing a Red blob . Pete

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Rep Points (again?)
my reply was actually for Peregrine but I forgot to quote!

Neg repping as good way to tick someone off without getting into a slagging match.

Oooops, sorry assumed it was for my benefit as your post followed mine...
Yeah know... one should never assume... it makes an ass of u and me.:77wu:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Rep Points (again?)
Excuse my ignorance in all this. Why are some blobs dark green and others light green ? Or is it just my old monitor playing up ! I cant remember seeing a Red blob . Pete

they gradually get darker as u have more, a 'blend' effect! heheh

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Rep Points (again?)
l personally think the system we have does work,because it encourages others to post something that will reward others and be rewarded in return.
When l hand out the reps.l always mention my name,so others know it is me giving the gift.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Rep Points (again?)
I think its cos I hadnt seen a red blob. Have you been a naughty Lad ? Pete

heheeheh lol! oh no i havent, just honest and some people can be a bit sensitive! but whats done is done! now ill be headin out for ma run!

p.s wow omg! i am now a green point user? i feel so accepted!........ (holding back the tears)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom