How does your rental income compare against the running costs of your property?

• 1 bed property, costs are greater than rental income

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2 bed property, costs are greater than rental income

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • 3 bed property, costs are greater than rental income

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • 4 bed property, costs are greater than rental income

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 bed property, costs are greater than rental income

• 6 plus bed property, costs are greater than rental income

• 1 bed property, rental income is greater than costs

• 2 bed property, rental income is greater than costs

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • 3 bed property, rental income is greater than costs

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 4 bed property, rental income is greater than costs

• 5 bed property, rental income is greater than costs

• 6 plus bed property, rental income is greater than costs

• My property is an apartment/penthouse on complex

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • My property is an apartment/penthouse off complex

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • My property is a villa on complex

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • My property is a villa off complex

• My property is an duplex/triplex on complex

• My property is an duplex/triplex off complex

• I don't rent my property out

Votes: 43 63.2%

• Total voters

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Rental income verses cost of ownership..
It's an interesting question, but I fail to see what value is added to the poll by showing member names.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I see where you are coming from, just that I have a suspicious mind and am careful of exposing too much private information that could be used by some members lurking with other plans.

Last edited:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
To us its a private space just like our home in the UK. We only allow close friends & family use it, and I'm not tight fisted enough to charge them rental or utility costs.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
I see where you are coming from, just that I have a suspicions mind and am careful of exposing too much private information that could be used by some members lurking with other plans.

I totally agree with you there Mushtaq, there's too many of these polls cropping up, wanting to know the ins and outs of a duck a**ehole
Pete

Peregrine

I see where you are coming from, just that I have a suspicious mind and am careful of exposing too much private information that could be used by some members lurking with other plans.

but you can see who voted for what on each poll - cant rmember how i did it but all the names were there (obviously a backdoor thing?)

easy peasy, just click on the view poll results

PS Tykatem, not much gets in through a ducks a**ehole - its watertight!

Last edited:

Mushtaq

Founding Member
but you can see who voted for what on each poll - cant rmember how i did it but all the names were there (obviously a backdoor thing?)

easy peasy, just click on the view poll results

That's only available if its allowed in the poll (when it's setup) the last one you saw was there for a while until I removed that information.

mike dj

I have voted in a few polls but wont again I always thought it was a private thing which way I voted .Do not want Peregrine checking up on me ,to much information already available . Mike

i agree the polls should be private and anyone who wants to elaborate on their vote can do so in the discussion that follows, i just assumed the polls were private

Peregrine

I have voted in a few polls but wont again I always thought it was a private thing which way I voted .Do not want Peregrine checking up on me ,to much information already available . Mike

mike - to allay your fears I am happy to let you know that I have absolutely no interest in your affairs or how you vote

personally I always check things out so I understand whats going on before voting in polls

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I think lot of people might not vote because it's open, including me, which means you might not get as much as you might get otherwise.

Guz1

To us its a private space just like our home in the UK. We only allow close friends & family use it, and I'm not tight fisted enough to charge them rental or utility costs.

Same here Pete. We bought for all our family to have a bolthole in the sun and wouldn't accept rent from them although they do pay for whatever electricity they use.

Peregrine

some tips for people renting

1. find out what taxes are due
  2. understand what costs and expenses are deductible against income
  3. find out what Double Taxation Treaty exists between Turkey and where you live or pay tax
  4. dont make a profit so you dont pay tax

oh, and if its a business dont get attached to the place or whats in it - things will get broken or abused by guests. Live with it

PS if you want to find out about taxes go to an official source - the information given elswhere on here is incorrect

Last edited:

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I have removed the member IDs from the poll results, as some people complained that they didn't realise that their choice would be made public.

dalyansteve

I do not rent out my property and to be honest whenever people ask me if it is worthwhile to do so, I say no. The reason being it is very hard work and if you are using an agent, they will always make money and not you. I don't care what a poll says, but if you are sold a property on the amount of income you will generate, beware they are probably lying.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom