Nimrod

Rental Agreement
We are considering allowing a family to long term rent our apartment. Does anybody know where I can obtain a rental agreement from? It would be good to have one in Turkish and another in English

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Rental Agreement
We are considering allowing a family to long term rent our apartment. Does anybody know where I can obtain a rental agreement from? It would be good to have one in Turkish and another in English
You can get a Turkish rental agreement from any stationers shop (think I paid 25 krs!). I'm told that it doesn't have to be notarised.

I've not been able to get an English version anywhere - perhaps someone on TLF has a translated copy - I'd also really appreciate help on this.

Last edited:

SLEEPY

Rental Agreement
There is no 500tl limit, in fact rental agreements do not have to be notorised .

G&L

G&L
Rental Agreement
However to safe guard you make sure they all sign a bond (ie all those who are renting) this ensures less problems in the end. You can just tear it up when renting is finished. if they dont want to do this dont take them.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Rental Agreement
It's always very difficult to get a exact duplicate in two different languages to read exactly the same, the best you could hope for would be 'a rough interpretation'

All you need to do is to re-create one in say a spreadsheet or even a Word document using the 'nearest' English equivalent of what was on the original Turkish document.
There is nothing wrong in doing this and provided it is signed by all parties will still be just as legal as the pre-writen contract document as the one brought from the paper shop for 25p. (They are just saving you the trouble of re-producing it)

However, realistically to be on the honest side, you would also need it notarized to say that it is 'almost identical to the Turkish version' otherwise it could actually be saying anything and therefore not representative of the original document.
Notarized Copy - Notarized copy of passport, notarized copy of green card, notarize copy of document

So the Turkish version is what could be used in a court of law 'if needs be' and the English version would be informing all parties what they are signing for on the Turkish version.

pieNmash

Rental Agreement
Don't forget that if you do rent out your property then you are liable to pay tax on the income over a certain amount a year (Don't know what this ammount is)

Spurs

Spurs
Rental Agreement
I have an ongoing rental agreement, my landloed is a Brit but nonetheless I still had an agreement drawn up in both Turkish & English. I did not use one from a shop, I had it done so that it suited both parties. I also went & had it Notorised, why? Because that agreement counts for nothing on things like, residents permits, electric, water etc, its also protection for all.
I do know of a case where someone took out one years rent from a Turk, three months into the rental the Turk sold the property & the people had to get out.
If I was a "landlord" I would take a large bond off the tenant, the tenant could walk out & leave you with huge bills. I now have put the leccy in my name & paid for the new meter, that takes some of the worry off the landlord, his concerns being that I would or could leg it.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Rental Agreement
I think it only fair and the right thing to do to have the utility bills in the name of the tenant.
Like you say, for one it shows you don't want the landlord to worry about them and also helps to show that you are more of a responsible tenant.

Here in the UK the only landlords that still insist on having services such as gas and electric in their own name are the type of landlords that want to hype the prices of the poor unsuspecting tenants.

Spurs,
Any chance of a indication on the cost of having your agreement drawn up.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom