Akasya

Postless Pointer
Remembering Chernobyl.
I feel sorry for the poor squaddies lied to , given leather gloves , aprons and shovels and then let loose on the pile debris.

They carried out a completely ineffectual operation that spread the muck around and made matters much worse.

Then died in isolation , a slow agonising death.

Steve

Jaycey

African Refugee
Remembering Chernobyl.
Chernobyl is well remembered in this neck of the woods and my heart goes out to the poor cleanup team. At least the workers at Fukushima volunteered for service knowing what awaited them. Contrary to the above article it could take up to 3,000 years before radiation has decayed to acceptable levels for human habitation.

qoazoj.jpg

But the nuclear power station near us in Zaporozhzhye is the largest nuclear power plant in Europe & the fifth largest in the world and could make Chernobyl look like a walk in the park
flg5c3.jpg

SS "Zaporizhzhya NPP"

Is Ukraine Hiding A Huge Radiation Leak At The Largest Nuclear Power Plant In Europe? | Zero Hedge

BEZ

Remembering Chernobyl.
We have volunteered to look after a little boy from Chernobyl this year as we are home for a month when the project is in place even though it's 30 years since the disaster children are still breathing in contamination and eating food that is contaminated with radiation I don't want any likes or all that stuff just happy to extend somebody's life by 2 years just by them having clean food and air to breath !

maude

Remembering Chernobyl.
I was in kusadasi when it happend ,first we heard was from a couple of yanky skippers going crazy saying we must get out fast ,as it was the wind was blowing away from us :happy:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Remembering Chernobyl.
Chernobyl’s disastrous cover-up is a warning for the next nuclear age

In 1986, the Soviet minister of hydrometeorology, Yuri Izrael, had a regrettable decision to make. It was his job to track radioactivity blowing from the smoking Chernobyl reactor in the hours after the 26 April explosion and deal with it. Forty-eight hours after the accident, an assistant handed him a roughly drawn map. On it, an arrow shot north-east from the nuclear power plant, and broadened to become a river of air 10 miles wide that was surging across Belarus toward Russia. If the slow-moving mass of radioactive clouds reached Moscow, where a spring storm front was piling up, millions could be harmed. Izrael’s decision was easy. Make it rain…

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n=BestOfGuardianOpinionUK&CMP=opinionuk_email

A long but scary read.

enoch

Remembering Chernobyl.
Chernobyl’s disastrous cover-up is a warning for the next nuclear age

In 1986, the Soviet minister of hydrometeorology, Yuri Izrael, had a regrettable decision to make. It was his job to track radioactivity blowing from the smoking Chernobyl reactor in the hours after the 26 April explosion and deal with it. Forty-eight hours after the accident, an assistant handed him a roughly drawn map. On it, an arrow shot north-east from the nuclear power plant, and broadened to become a river of air 10 miles wide that was surging across Belarus toward Russia. If the slow-moving mass of radioactive clouds reached Moscow, where a spring storm front was piling up, millions could be harmed. Izrael’s decision was easy. Make it rain…

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n=BestOfGuardianOpinionUK&CMP=opinionuk_email

A long but scary read.

Fell Farms in Cumbria still have the fall out from chernobyl .

shash

shash
Remembering Chernobyl.
I remember it well. And it's no surprise that we have so many cancers and so many more people suffering. Even animals are having cancers that were once unheard of. I personally think that alzheimers has a link to it via the food we eat or ate after the fall out. Chernobyl really had a perfect cover up because our younger people (I base this on the young people I know) wouldn't know anything about Chernobyl at all. The suffering that some have gone through due to the fall out is nothing short of a massacre only they are not dead. The people who's children are damaged the mothers and fathers who are damaged either by cancer or other related illness and as stated on that link it effected Cumbria thru Scotland and countless other areas. But of course they are never going to let everybody know the areas that are still contaminated. A HORROR story of the highest order.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Remembering Chernobyl.
I remember it well. And it's no surprise that we have so many cancers and so many more people suffering. Even animals are having cancers that were once unheard of. I personally think that alzheimers has a link to it via the food we eat or ate after the fall out. Chernobyl really had a perfect cover up because our younger people (I base this on the young people I know) wouldn't know anything about Chernobyl at all. The suffering that some have gone through due to the fall out is nothing short of a massacre only they are not dead. The people who's children are damaged the mothers and fathers who are damaged either by cancer or other related illness and as stated on that link it effected Cumbria thru Scotland and countless other areas. But of course they are never going to let everybody know the areas that are still contaminated. A HORROR story of the highest order.

The incidences of leukemia in SW Scotland far preceded Chernobyl, IMHO the radiation simply came across the sea from Calder Vale (change the name every time there is a serious leak) latest Windscale?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Remembering Chernobyl.
Caution: Disturbing photos

What We Know About the Chernobyl Animal Mutations…

“The 1986 Chernobyl accident resulted in one of the highest unintentional releases of radioactivity in history. The graphite moderator of reactor 4 was exposed to air and ignited, shooting plumes of radioactive fallout across what is now Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, and Europe. While few people live near Chernobyl now, animals living in the vicinity of the accident allow us to study the effects of radiation and gauge recovery from the disaster...

https://www.thoughtco.com/chernobyl...m_source=cn_nl&utm_content=17066379&utm_term=

shash

shash
Remembering Chernobyl.
The scientists will be in work for ever because nothing in their lifetime will ever recover from that. It's still a sickening memory and more so for any of us caught up in the aftermath of it. My heart still goes out to those that were seriously affected and those that still will be affected. Just so awful and my words will never be enough to make the suffering that still goes on any better.

BEZ

Remembering Chernobyl.
:36le:
We have volunteered to look after a little boy from Chernobyl this year as we are home for a month when the project is in place even though it's 30 years since the disaster children are still breathing in contamination and eating food that is contaminated with radiation I don't want any likes or all that stuff just happy to extend somebody's life by 2 years just by them having clean food and air to breath !
The four weeks we had with the little boy was so rewarding we have made a friend for life with him and his family could not speak a word of English when he arrived by the time he went home he was chatting away to us without the help of Google translate.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Remembering Chernobyl.
Explosive truth about Chernobyl:

2ia7mvb.jpg

The attempted cover-up of the world’s worst nuclear disaster, the endless lies and obfuscation, and the risk to the lives of millions laid bare the failings of the communist regime as never before.

The blast emitted more than 400 times the amount of radiation into the atmosphere than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945..

Estimates of the numbers who died in the aftermath vary between 4,000 and 93,000, many of them children..

More than 300,000 people were evacuated from a contaminated area covering 1,000 square miles and much of the ‘dead zone’ is still a no-go area..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ealed-heart-stopping-climax-hit-TV-drama.html

Jaycey

African Refugee
Remembering Chernobyl.
Could it be the Russians?

Two plants planned in Turkey...

Foreign backers set to pull out of Turkish nuclear power project

The Japanese-French consortium that agreed to build a nuclear power plant in Turkey is set to abandon the project, a former nuclear inspector at the International Atomic Energy Agency said in an analysis for Greek newspaper Kathimerini on Thursday.

The plant, set to be built with four reactors in Sinop province along the Black Sea, was to be Turkey's second nuclear power plant, following Akkuyu, currently under construction in cooperation with Russia's Rosatom

https://ahvalnews.com/energy/foreign-backers-set-pull-out-turkish-nuclear-power-project

Latest Posts

Top Bottom