zozatky

Registration plate MA ect.
Has any Forum members handed back a Yabanci Motor vehicle registration plate. If so the process please.

Gail

We sold a car with MA plates to a Turkish Citizen, there really isn't a problem doing this it is all sorted in the Notar.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Sell it to a Turk and let them sort it out. That's what we did in July and the truck's now running about on "proper" Turkish plates.

Duke

Has anyone ever thought WHY are we branded with a different regerstration plate to the indigineous population???? We are then a target for any unhappy local that has an axe to grind plus the the Gendarme & police KNOW that they can stop us & get the fines PAID!!!! Maybe Im being paranoid but I recall the days I was stationed in Germany & we had BFG plates that the IRA loved to see?????? Say no more
Duke

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The reason that there's an obvious plate for Yabancis is because of the reduced tax paid on the purchase price of the vehicle.

Where it's perfectly OK for a Yabanci to drive a "normal" plated vehicle, it's illegal for a Turkish citizen (there are some exceptions) to drive a vehicle on Yabanci plates.

Wasn't that a similar case with the UK's old "military plate" system as far as tax was concerned ?

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Which taxes are reduced at point of purchase?

Ian

PS having just purchased a vehicle, there was no reduction off the list price because I was a foreigner.

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
Works both ways Duke. The Jandarma see a yabanci registered vehicle and wave it through because they can't be bothered to try to speak English!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom